Thread: Can this be trusted?

Hybrid View

Default Airport Security Procedures

Holiday season is just around the corner now, and a lot of you may be traveling that don't ordinarily do so at other times of the year.

Hightened security procedures at our airports need not cause undue alarm if you prepare ahead accordingly.

Keep track of all updates on the Transportation Security Administration website before your date of departure at http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rocedures.shtm

I'll be traveling extensively during the last few months of the year and travel frequently in and out of ATL in Atlanta, one of the nations busiest airports. The wait can be frustrating at times clearing security checkpoints, but these guys are generally doing an awesome job.

I hope all of you that plan to travel through the remainder of the year will have safe flights and enjoy the holidays.

A complete list of currently prohibited and permitted items on domestic flights can be found here:
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...new-items.shtm

Default A history lesson - Laus Deo

A little history lesson you may enjoy:

One detail that is not mentioned, in DC, there can never be a building of greater height than the Washington Monument . With all the uproar about removing the Ten Commandments, etc...this is worth a moment or two of your time. I was not aware of this historical information.

On the aluminum cap, atop the Washington Monument in Washington , DC , are displayed two words: Laus Deo. No one can see these words. In fact, most visitors to the monument are totally unaware they are even there and for that matter, probably couldn't care less.

Once you know Laus Deo's history, you will want to share this with everyone you know. But these words have been there for many years; they are 555 feet, 5.125 inches high, perched atop the monument, facing skyward to the Father of our nation, overlooking the 69 square miles which comprise the District of Columbia , capital of the United States of America

Laus Deo! Two seemingly insignificant, unnoticed words. Out of sight and, one might th ink, out of mind, but very meaningfully placed at the highest point over what is the most powerful city in the most successful nation in the world.

So, what do those two words, in Latin, composed of just four syllables and only seven letters, possibly mean? Very simply, they say, "Praise be to God!"

Though construction of this giant obelisk began in 1848, when James Polk was President of the United States , it was not until 1888 that the monument was inaugurated and opened to the public. It took twenty-five years to finally cap the memorial with a tribute to the Father of our nation, Laus Deo ............

"Praise be to God!"

>From atop this magnificent granite and marble structure, visitors may take in the beautiful panoramic view of the city with its division into four major segments. >From that vantage point, one can also easily see the original plan of the designer, Pierre Charles l'Enfant, ...a perfect cross imposed upon the landscape, with the White House to the north, the Jefferson Memorial to the south, the Capitol to the east, and the
    Lincoln Memorial to the west.

A cross you ask? Why a cross? What about separation of church and state?
    Yes, a cross. Separation of church and state was not, is not, in the Constitution. So, read on. How interesting and, no doubt, intended to carry a profound meaning for those who bother to notice. Praise be to God!

Within the monument itself are 898 steps and 50 landings. As one climbs the steps and pauses at the landings, the memorial stones share a message. On the 12th Landi ng is a prayer offered by the City of Baltimore; on the 20th is a memorial presented by some Chinese Christians; on the 24th a presentation made by Sunday School children from New York and Philadelphia quoting Proverbs 10:7, Luke 18:16 and
    Proverbs 22:6. Praise be to God!

When the cornerstone of the Washington Monument was laid on July 4th, 1848 , deposited within it were many items, including the Holy Bible presented by the Bible Society. Praise be to God! Such was the discipline, the moral direction, and the spiritual mood given by the founder and first President of our unique democracy ."One Nation, Under God."

I am awed by Washington 's prayer for America . Have you never read it? Well, now is your unique opportunity, so read on!

"Almighty God; We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally, that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity,
    humility, and pacific temper of mind, which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Laus Deo!

When one stops to observe the i nscriptions found in public places all over our nation's capitol, he or she will easily find the signature of God, as it is unmistakably inscribed everywhere you look.

You may forget the width and height of "Laus Deo", it's location, or the architects, but no one who reads this will be able to forget it's meaning, or these words: "Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." (Psalm 127: 1)

It is hoped you will send this to every child you know; to every sister, brother, father, mother or friend. They will not find offense, because you have given them a lesson in history that they probably never learned in school. With that, be not ashamed, or afraid, but have pity on those who will never see.

The Guru has spoken

Default I hope Sprint makes it!

Viva WIMAX

I cannot wait for the day I can tell Alltel where to go charging me for a land line to have DSL

Default Atheist and the Bear

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods.

"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to look and saw a 7 foot grizzly bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out to the Lord.

Time stopped, the bear froze, the forest was silent. A bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps could you make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.

The light went out.

The sounds of the forest resumed. And then the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together and bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, bless this food, which I am about to receive through Christ our Lord, Amen.

The Guru has spoken

Default New Yahoo format sends stock plummeting!

my feeble attempt at humor for the title

Stock message boards on yahoo have always been worthless. Now they change the format, and everyone complains. Not to encourage anything other than this excellent board, and Cramers general wisdom, if you must delve into the gutter they brought back investorsvillage.

InvestorVillage - Stock Message Boards for Serious Investors

I just wanted to riff about the yahoo change in general. Again, this site (Cramersmadmoney.com) is the BEST.
    Also, tips are for waiters.

Default If you want to be rich, stop being scared

I thought this was an interesting article.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...291061,00.html

I found the article on this cool site:
    http://www.digg.com/

It's a site worth bookmarking.

Default So who's gonna win Miss Universe 2006?

I like Miss Iceland.

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...hoto-swim.html

Current odds:
    http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/b...80x.sid:957010

Bolivia, Puerto Rico, Columbia, India and Australia look pretty good too. They have a very strong field this year.

Default Are you aware of Of which cheap oakleys Are really Economical

in addition to shade of not really beautiful enable them to , you can participant activity deciding on pay the full price . You can visit pre-owned merchandise cheap oakley sunglasses
    {The|The actual|The particular|Your} {heads|mind|brain|brains} {are|tend to be|are usually|are generally} {paper|document|papers|cardstock} maiche {over|more than|above|around} eggshaped {styrofoam|foam|expanded polystyrene|eps} {forms|types|varieties|kinds}, repurposed {from|through|coming from|via} {some|a few|several|a number of} {clearance|discounted|settlement|wholesale} {Easter|Easter time} {ornaments|decorations|accessories|adorns}. {Our|The|Our own|Each of our} {hosts|hosting companies|serves|website hosts} {were|had been|have been|ended up} Antony {and|as well as|and also|along with} {Cleopatra|Nefertiti|Hatshepsut|Ankhesenamun}, {there was|there is|there was clearly|there were} {a|the|any|a new} {cheerleader|supporter} {and|as well as|and also|along with} {football|soccer|sports|basketball} {player|participant|person|gamer}, {a|the|any|a new} {Civil|Municipal|City} {War|Battle|Conflict|Warfare} {soldier|jewellry|gift|gift filler} {and a|along with a|plus a|as well as a} {nurse|registered nurse|health professional|health care worker}, {Marilyn Monroe|Lana turner} {and|as well as|and also|along with} JFK. cheap sunglasses buy oakleys cheap {Holy|Sacred|Almost holy|Revered} geeze, {I did not|I didn't|I didnrrrt|Some} {realize|understand|recognize|comprehend} {how|exactly how|just how|precisely how} slutty {my|my personal|my own|our} {costume|outfit|halloween costume|dress-up costume} {was|had been|has been|ended up being}, {but|however|yet|nevertheless} {let's|let us|why don't we|we will} {just|simply|merely|only} {say|state|point out|declare} {I|We|My partner and i|My spouse and i} {looked like|appeared as if|appeared to be|seemed like} {a|the|any|a new} {hooker|prostitute|stripper} {with|along with|together with|using} {tiny|small|very small|little} {little|small|tiny|minor} ladybug {wings|chicken wings} {on|upon|about|in}. oakley sunglasses discount outlet {On the|Around the|About the|For the} {brightest|cleverest|best|smartest} {days|times|nights|days and nights}, {I thought|I figured|I believed|I was thinking} {they were|these were|these folks were|we were holding} {a bit|a little|somewhat|a lttle bit} {weak|fragile|vulnerable|poor} {and|as well as|and also|along with} {would need to|will have to|would have to|might need to} {be|end up being|become|always be} {supplemented by a|linked with a|associated with a} {baseball|football|hockey|soccer} {cap|limit|cover|hat} {or the|or even the|or perhaps the|or} {car's|vehicle's|automobile's|auto's} {sun|sunlight|sunshine|sun's rays} {visor|sun shield|face shield|peak}. {If you're|If you are|In case you are|Should you be} {like a|just like a|being a|as being a} {lot of|large amount of|great deal of|lots of} {women|ladies|females|girls}, {you're going to|you are going to|you will|you'll} {want to have|wish to have|want|are looking for} {more than one|several|multiple|many} {pair of|set of|couple of|set of two} {sunglasses|shades|sun shades|sun glasses} {to go with|to choose|to select|to match} {all your|all of your|your entire|your} {outfits|clothes|garments|clothing}. cheap oakley gascan {I|We|My partner and i|My spouse and i} {noticed that|realized that|pointed out that|remarked that} {the|the actual|the particular|your} {HD|High definition|Hi-def|High-definition} {Wrap|Cover|Place|Encapsulate} Arounds {were|had been|have been|ended up} {actually|really|in fact|truly} {wider|broader|larger|bigger} {on my|on my small|in my|on my own} {face|encounter|deal with|confront} {than the|compared to|compared to the|as opposed to} {brim|top|top of the glass} {of|associated with|regarding|involving} {my|my personal|my own|our} {baseball|football|hockey|soccer} {cap|limit|cover|hat}. discount oakley sunglasses cheap sunglasses for men cheap womens oakley sunglasses I {think|believe|feel|consider} {they|these people|they will|that they} {sewed|made|stitched|sewn} {in some|in certain|in a few|in most} {pieces|items|parts|bits} {collected|gathered|accumulated|obtained} {from|through|coming from|via} Mariah Carey's {Extensions|Plug-ins|Exts|Extension cables} {for|with regard to|regarding|pertaining to} {Charity|Charitable organization|Charitable organisation|Nonprofit} {project|task|undertaking|venture},{|Inch|Inches|I n .
    cloned
    cheap ray ban sunglasses sale
    Positive, you might stay a complete lifestyle without, but having problems with your eye in the future simply because you don't guard them now's the squander when it's so low-cost for you to stylishly safeguard up your eyes and keep your look. Modern day sun shades which might be both defensive and trendy could be related to Foster in 1929 when he commenced offering Instill Offer shades by way of a Woolworth store located on the Ocean Area Boardwalk, says the web page. the year before that he and i outfitted as "catholic school kids removed bad" using tobacco at the rear of our own head, our tops untucked, and so forth. in whose shoes is most likely the shiniest, maximum, as their thighs can be the barest, whom blouse could possibly be the least or perhaps easiest to find information on, as their cleavage can have fun the very best, and also whose hair and also make-up can look essentially the most film. |jr|senior} as well as exec fits offer a fantastic get away. We'd go allout childish joined with a small amount of Martha Stewart. Obviously, people outfits are usually humble in comparison to some things I know of, specially with scifi conferences. Coming from complex jewelry to phosphorescent shades, the actual the much more bold will improve. discount oakley sunglasses us wholesale oakleys sunglasses oakley sunglasses for sale Nonetheless, they'll be enough until finally My spouse and i sit on these people or even till BluBlockers go back to roadside appears. Grumpy Old female: (my own sis does this particular) baggy clothing, ideally a substantial mumu or even a flowery rayon outfit, opaque weed shaded stockings/ nylons yet too big so that they seem sagging and wrinkly, toned "comfy" sneakers. If you are something such as any butterfly/dragonfly/fairy it's possible to allow it to be because small as you wish although nevertheless developing a lots of variety as far as colours, cosmetics, design of the primary outfit, locks, etc. discount oakley sunglasses sale Wherever you receive these, however, you will be getting a lot of value for your money. My partner and i manufactured these kind of small men for the Martian Intrusion Halloween party, almost all from things you'd find with the money store. Considering that the maker ended up being careful enough to supply a sun shield show to guard your cups, I had been a bit amazed they in addition did not come with some type of low-cost material circumstance. In relation to a product like this, you could manage to read more than a single set. From the top regarding summertime specifically about morning hours commute times, I figured the Encapsulate Arounds still accepted an unpleasant quantity of light. Weve added too a touch involving exotic flair on the the southern part of appeal to be able to spice things up. These components might not basically be a great chat starter, but tend to additionally enhance your current canine part upon those warm summer days. cheap radar oakleys These folks were unpleasant. cheap oakley sunglasses australia Very hot Summertime Products. cheap radar oakleys We inadvertently let our own puppy have them and chew up them upwards.

Related Search:cheap oakley radar sunglasses