Thread: Dave Landry's Market in a Minute - Friday, 4/20/12

Hybrid View

Default Self-Storage

I was watching a seminar given by Scott Meyers about the profitability of self-storage investing and it got me thinking. It seems like an area with a lot of potential. Hell, if I could have all of the attractive attributes of rentals and little maintenance why not. Well here's the video:

http://www.reiclub.com/self-storage-...nts-videos.htm

Default Default AAPL IV at 46%

Despite the earnings announcement next week, this looks like a good time to look at some Iron Condors in AAPL, with implied volatility near a 52 week high. After falling around 9% in the last 5 trading days IV has spiked from the low 30's to 46.

As of today the 455-445 and 710-720 May Iron Condor was trading around $0.95 for a roughly 10% return.

Default DDMG - Long term growth?

Up 16% today, and the CEO will be talking on CNBC at 2pm PST.

Anyone see any long term growth here, or is the jump just because of the viral video of Tupac?

Producers such as Dr. Dre are now talking about going on tour with the late Tupac, which could promote long term revenue for the company.

I got in today at 6.20, and my funds won't settle for 3 days so I'm stuck with it til Monday, but I'm swing trading it so I guess we'll see what happens...

Thanks

Default SNPK - Still just a Pump and Dump?

Are you guy still regarding SNPK as just another Pump and Dump stock? The announcements that come out almost daily look pretty damn good to me.

Their product is going to be available all across America, in large successful pharmacies, as well as internationally. They sponsor 2 sports teams now, and have an NBA legend as their spokesperson.

With all that said, do you guys see any legitimacy here or is all of the hype just because of good Pumping? Which would soon to be followed by good Dumping...

Thanks, I've made tons of profit from this one so far, but would hate to see it fall of a cliff and lose all that profit (yes I have a stop loss) when I wasn't paying attention...

Default Default MAGS

2012's next massive gainer. MAGS Magal Security.

Magal Wins Two Contracts for $2.5 Million to Secure Prisons in Latin America

YEHUD, Israel, April 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
    Magal Security Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ GMS: MAGS) today announced that it has won two contracts totaling $2.5 million to supply and install multi-layer Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS) in two new high security prisons in Latin America.
    The multi layered solutions mostly include Magal's core products: fence mounted cable sensors, volumetric covert buried cable detection systems, microwaves systems, smart grids protecting water canals and several third party IR detectors. The contracts also include integration through Magal's proprietary control system and into a third party software system.
    "With these orders we have already won contracts to protect four prisons in Latin America in 2012, representing strong performance and growing traction in this market," commented Mr. Eitan Livneh, President and CEO of Magal S3.
    About Magal S3
    Magal S3 is a leading international provider of security, safety and site management solutions and products. Over the past 42 years, Magal S3 has delivered tailor-made solutions and turnkey projects to hundreds of satisfied customers in over 80 countries in some of the world's most demanding locations.
    Magal S3 offers the broadest portfolio of unique homegrown Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS) as well as Fortis4G - a new generation of cutting edge Physical Security Information Management system (PSIM) with comprehensive CCTV solutions and leading Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA).
    This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are subject to risks and uncertainties. Such statements are based on assumptions and expectations which may not be realized and are inherently subject to risks and uncertainties, many of which cannot be predicted with accuracy and some of which might not even be anticipated. Future events and actual results, financial and otherwise, may differ from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements. A number of these risks and other factors that might cause differences, some of which could be material, along with additional discussion of forward-looking statements, are set forth in the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
    For more information:
    Magal S3
    Eitan Livneh, CEO
    Tel: +972-3-539-1421
    Assistant: Ms. Elisheva Almog
    E-mail: elishevaa@magal-s3.com
    http://www.magal-s3.com
    CCG Investor Relations
    Ehud Helft/Kenny Green
    Tel: (US) +1-646-201-9246
    E-mail: magal@ccgisrael.com

Default Penny Stock Watchlist 4/18

Another day with awesome winners. Alerted DUTV at .0005 before running to .0018. SWSH on the first dip this morning before it powered up 25%. SCEI made quick cash this morning, and SEED made me quick cash towards close. NEWL and CLNT both had dead cat bounces called early this morning. ADY a momo follow thru, a few are green on and swinging til tomorrow. You get the point, just all around great alerts today. Here's the list for Wednesday:

ADY AUMY BBX BDSI BLDR COIN COYN CLNT DNN DUTV FMCC FNMA HW LUXD LUXR MMTS MWA NEON NEWL NGHT OWW PSDV PSUN RCON RHCO RSRS SEFE SNPK SWSH TISA UNIS VALV WBSI ZZ

Default Investing in the New Yahoo (YHOO)?

Yahoo is said to be in a branding process now. The company has been changing quite a bit over recent years and is stepping back from search dramatically.

Nevertheless, profits are increasing due in large part to advertising revenues. The company is cutting jobs, trimming and slimming down. It has been steadily downhill and made 19 new lows in the 12 months.

What are the perspectives on this? Most talking heads have dismissed Yahoo but I am beginning to see some light. They do not receive the negative feedback Google or Facebook do over privacy problems. I see this as a huge plus. Besides that they are still profitable with a lot of cash on hand.

Is anyone else taking a look at YHOO?