Options is most volatile (50% drops to 300% gains overnight) but they are also most dangerous and you have to really know what you are doing.

If I was trading with $1000 I would personally choose ONE STOCK and go all in.....Then wait until I was up at least 10% ($100) and sell and then do it again. With some beginners luck you might get 30% on the first trade in a short time frame......

I would consider anything under $1 high risk but, if it were me, I'd only be trading in the 40 cent to $2 range because these are the stocks that move the most over short periods of time. The closer to 40 cents the more dangerous (but volatile) the stock... I believe it is crazy to get a stock trading under 20 cents but that is just my view.

Just watch the stock you want to get in for a few days and try to get a good entry. And if you can get the opinion of a moderator or someone in chat of the stock before you pull the buy trigger that would also be helpful.

Good luck....If you are serious about technical analysis then start HERE with maybe support/resistance lesson.....Then move to Module 3 about technical indicators with a few of the lessons in Module 2 with chart patterns....It is very overwhelming at first but the more you watch, observe, study, and see charts the more it makes sense!!