2014 started out great but the markets eventually spooked me to the sidelines.

I received a new position at work at the end of Q1 2014 and so excelling in that arena has taken up a portion of the time that I would usually dedicate to trading. Even now in 2015, I still feel that I have a lot of professional development to do before I can relax at my job. As a result, I won't have as much time for DD/actively managing positions. With that said: I live below my means, I believe that I can outperform the interest in my savings account, and I like the idea of risk:reward of getting good at trading too much to completely exit the markets. So for 2015, I will be re-entering the stock market with the following changes from 2014:
Shifting my trading goals towards a longer timeframe to avoid having to actively manage my positions (This is up for debate because I am unsure how long the bullish ascent will continue)
Utilizing spreads more in my portfolio to effectively mitigate risk and the need for active management of positions
Making less speculative bets overall (within reason of course hehe)
Look for chances to learn from my mistakes instead of simply the next opportunity to make a profit. I stopped reflecting on my trades after a while in 2014 and so I likely was making the same mistakes repeatedly without knowing it.

Before I place one trade in 2015, I need to sit down, update my billing info on Tradervue and go through the painful analysis of trades that lost money in 2014. That will remind me how precious my capital is and how sloppy I became towards the 2nd half of the year. I will be posting that analysis in my old journal. Until that has taken place, I will not place a trade in 2015. The longer I procrastinate, the longer my money just sits there doing nothing.