Thread: What are "points"?

ErenTrogstono

Default What are "points"?

What are "points"?
    what does the points means? where can i use it? well, it is very catchy for me. but i don't know if it is useful. I am sorry for not knowing it. but iwill be thanking for the people who will be able to answer it. thaks

imnewtrader View Post
    what does the points means? where can i use it? well, it is very catchy for me. but i don't know if it is useful. I am sorry for not knowing it. but iwill be thanking for the people who will be able to answer it. thaks

Usually referring to ES trades, 1 point is 4 ticks.

Mike
    exituiniulp

imnewtrader View Post

A point usually refers to the smallest possible price change on the left side of the decimal point. The following would be 3 point changes:

ES moves from 1326.00 to 1329.00
    CL moves from 100.49 to 103.49
    FDAX moves from 7170.0 to 7173.0

Ticks and Points

A tick is the smallest possible price change for a market. This means that points are equal to or larger than ticks. For YM a 4 tick move is identical with a 4 point move, as YM trades in whole points.
    fiflewpoeplay

imnewtrader View Post

A point is a dollar. Reguardless of the instrument you are watching.

Although that point's value or worth varies greatly. YM 5 bucks... 6E 125,000 (that's the move I want to catch)

I believe a picture is worth a thousand words..

Edge