Thread: Eminis PnF

loledTal

Default Eminis PnF

Eminis PnF
    Hi folks,

As per my promise, here is my first post regarding a strategy for trading the S&P emini ES

You probably know I'm a big fan of PnF for intraday trading so I applied a technique from a very successful trader of FTSE to the S&P emini.

The set up is a PnF chart set to Box size 1, reversal 2

The technique is to trade 5 box reversals, thus always being in the market.

The results have not allowed for slippage (overnight moves mainly) or commission.

Since the 24th December 2002 this method has produced a profit of 213 points from 56 trades. The worst drawdown has been 6 points!!!

Thats over $10,000 of profit per contract net of costs in about 7 weeks.

I'm not saying such wonderful performance will continue, but it augers very well indeed.

JonnyT

Hi JonnyT,

Interesting post. I actually just started seriously looking and P&F for intraday yesterday myself. One question though, if the reversal size is 2, how do you get a 5 box reversal?

Cheers,

H.
    loledTal

JonnyT,

Could you post a chart as an example, for us to look at? Perhaps one of your recent trades.

Cheers

db-t
    Lucasach

Quote:
    Originally posted by Henry
    Hi JonnyT,

Interesting post. I actually just started seriously looking and P&F for intraday yesterday myself. One question though, if the reversal size is 2, how do you get a 5 box reversal?

Cheers,

H.
    The chart is constructed using 1 point per box, and a 2 box reversal criteria, however, the trades are entered and exited on 5 boxes being filled in the opposite direction.

With PnF it is important to get a scale-view of the chart that you are trading, sometimes the reversal criteria are also the trade points, but not always - as in this case.

If you get your chart optimisation right, there are several other types of trade that you can make from the same chart.

TBS
    lukelove78

Click the image to open in full size.

This is how the action for the sp's today would look - granted it has been a very tight range so far - hence a coulple of losing trades.