Thread: Wood gasifier build.

Default Wood gasifier build.

Offline BAdams
    Apprentice

Wood gasifier build.
    ? on: June 25, 2013, 07:46:45 AM ?
    I haven't been able to start on building a cabin yet but I have been working on a little project. I am in the end stages of building a wood gasifier. It needs cleaned up and a little paint, and I'm still working on trying different filter set ups but it works!! I ran a10hp wood chipper on it for the first time on Saturday.

http://m201.photobucket.com/albumvie....html?newest=1

Offline BAdams
    Apprentice

Re: Wood gasifier build.
    ? Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:51 AM ?
    This is the video of the wood chipper running on it. I think it will be greator a generator also.

This was the first and only time I have tried running an engine on it so far. I was very excited!
    EusebioSa

Offline rick91351
    Journeyman

5000' in Idaho

? Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 08:41:13 AM ?
    Holy Cow [cool] stuff! SO exciting to see this kind of stuff working!!
    Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established. 4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. 5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.
    Fleta96L09

Offline BAdams
    Apprentice

? Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 02:35:38 AM ?
    I plan to use this unit to run a generator during power outages at the house. I can use the wood chipper to make my own fuel which I can get for free (tree limbs and such). I think it will be perfect for off grid when I build a cabin. I plan to have a small solar set up but to run power tools, water pumps and such I think this will work good. I should be able to run a 6-8000w generator with it.
    FarmonLus

Offline BAdams
    Apprentice

? Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:41:28 AM ?
    Thank you for the kind words Rick my wife thinks I'm a little crazy but most of my friends think it's pretty cool. There are a few guys that want to come over next time I run it and see how it works [cool]