I prefer the OHLC chart style over candlestick charts. However, I find NinjaTrader's OHLC bars a bit awkward.

Specifically, the horizontal Open and Close "wicks" (for lack of a better word), are a bit too large/extended. They protrude a bit too much. As a result, the bars must be spaced quite far apart so that the Close "wick" of the preceding bar does not overlap the Open "wick" of the following bar. (This can look quite confusing in a choppy market.) However, to keep them sufficiently spaced apart results in too few price bars showing up on a chart. (Other charting applications I had used in the past all had smaller horizontal Open and Close "wicks." They were not adjustable, but I did not find the need to adjust them to display the number of bars I wanted on a chart.)

Unfortunately, the Chart Properties dialogue box does not offer user-defined horizontal "wick" size. Is there any workaround or manual way of adjusting "wick" size? I do not have a programming background, so please be gentle with your suggestions.