Hi All
I am starting this thread to share with you my trading journal, I believe that committing to share on a daily basis my trading account will help me to grow and evolve my trading method, I hope to get some help and ideas also from the forum!
I have a unique trading strategy, I am trading manually with algo strategies! I believe that I can use professional algo strategies to improve the timing of buy and sell orders, since there is an algo involved and it prevent me doing the psychologies mistakes, also those are professional traders which I assume have better knowledge from me in trading (I consider myself the average trader, based on my full manual trading record). BUT, what I found out that most important decision to make is which algo strategies to activate in my account. I believe there are many good algo strategies however, since the market changes his behavior quite often, algo strategies have to be replaced on a frequent basis as well.
My criteria:
1. I must use professional strategies and not just any regular user – therefore I have selected Mirror Trader (the only platform I found which actually screening and testing algo strategies). by any way I don’t use any social platform!
2. It must be an algo strategy because strategy that trades manually have the same psychology weakness as I have
3. Wide selection of algo strategies – it must contain hundreds of algo strategies in order for me to always have a suitable algo for current market conditions.

My trading strategy:
I have decided that I want to have 5 algos simultaneously in my account, to generate a suitable diversification and to catch a decent amount of trading opportunities. I choose only the strategies which are performing well recently, and I monitor and adjust my list of strategies on a daily basis. I use Mirror Trader “market based” filter category. This should be perfect for my trading strategy since they show you the most recently performing well algos. I always pick the top 5 by pips.

I have been testing on demo account this strategy since last August, I am happy with the results and was able to go through very bad times (CHF crisis).

you can view the attachment with my demo performance since Aug 2014
Name: Performance.jpg
Views: 819
Size: 20.3 KB

After testing it for some time, I decided to open a live real account with AVATRADE and to implement this method.
I will update the thread daily on the performance.
Wish me luck!

Read more: http://forums.babypips.com/free-fore...#ixzz3g3PL86D8