I half expect this thread to go un-responded to because I understand that this can be a pretty intrusive and almost taboo type of question, let alone exposure to potential hackers and what-not. But, for those that are up to it: How much did you start with? How much vs. how long have you been at it? I remember seeing a post where someone asked the same question but in an annual percentage form. Everyone basically said “I have no idea, cash is king.”

I am curious because I have seen some people here that can trade like nobody’s business, and in watching the markets myself I’ve seen that regardless of all the potential pitfalls and concerns, there are very real, very substantial amounts of money to be made. So much money can be made that I think one of the real possible causes of failure is people realizing just how much of it there is, and trying to get too much of it.

I haven’t made any money yet but I’ll start by posting my hopes and dreams which are: Starting capital of about 5Kish while adding savings and a diminishing annual return of around %100. As my account grows, I expect to take less risk. Again, just if I could picture my perfect world, thats what it is. I figure at that rate, in about 5 or so years, I could be doing alright.