Thread: #1 Online Discount Broker - Usaa

Hybrid View

Default Gold, US Dollars, and beyond.

I know some folks have had some pain with commodities the last month. Dollar is strengthening, and the Fed is on seek and destroy with inflation. Taken just on its own numbers, the US economy is doing well depsite some points of fundemental weakness. This all ignores the 800lb gorrilla in the room that costs us something like 6 billion a month: Iraq. As tempting as it might be to politize here, let's focus on the money. And to me, things look a lot like the late 70s. There is a convergence of bad threads, most of which have yet to really take affect. An unpopular war, lack of faith in govt/economy, increasing trade def, increasing budget def, looming inflation, and a loss of international interest in our debt/bonds. Very gloom and doom i agree, but i also know some people made large sums of money in the late 70s. Perhaps by learning from thier actions, and drawing corelations to today's world, we can protect those close to us.

Default Anyone see the Da Vinci Code?

What did you guys think of the movie?

Default Estate Tax - Non stock question

Someone explain to me why those pinheads in DC have a estate tax, or at least for normal people who arent Bush or Trump, why do normal people have to pay it? Its like a double tax or triple tax, sometimes I really dislike what our Govt is

Default Need feedback

I need to know if anyone here finds the forum too slow, or slower than other forums you have visited. I need to know because if there are speed issues for some users, I will move to an even faster server. Things are quiet around now, as they are for every market pullback, so now is a good time to get ready for the next bull run. Does anyone else beside me find the forum slower around rush hour, between 4 and 6?

Default Avatar contest...winner gets ...

Lets have an Avatar Contest...Winner gets free air.

We have to have something nice when the market is this ugly

Default 6/6/06 will the markets get spooked?

Watch out for the little devils today (and i don't mean the MM's... )

I wonder if fool somewhere might decide to make superstition into history one way or another.

Default CNBC folks...

So what do most of you have tuned in during your day? Bloomberg, FOX, CNBC? Interested in peoples thoughts on their fav/ least fav talking heads. I love Rick Santelli (sp?) from the bond pit on CNBC.. his hand gestures remind me of Mandrake the magician, lol!