Thread: Ebbers

Hybrid View

Default Ebbers

from the AP:

Appeals Court Upholds Ebbers Conviction
    Friday July 28, 3:10 pm ET
    By David B. Caruso, Associated Press Writer
    Conviction of Former WorldCom CEO Ebbers Upheld; Could Clear Way for Jail Term
    NEW YORK (AP) -- A federal appeals court on Friday upheld the conviction of former WorldCom Inc. Chief Executive Bernard Ebbers on charges related to a multibillion dollar accounting fraud. The ruling by the three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could clear the way for Ebbers to begin serving a 25-year prison sentence for his actions as head of the telecommunications company.
    Convicted in 2005, Ebbers had argued on appeal that he had been denied a fair trial and that his lengthy prison sentence was unreasonable.

there is more of the article, its easy to find on yahoo. i know its not exactly fresh off the wire, but i thought i had to post in homage to Cramer the wise.

Default Help! Looking for Insurance!

good day!

I’m new here, i don't know which category i'm going to post. i'm shopping around for insurance and hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. your suggestions will help me more to have an idea and choice to compare with...
    thank you so much...

Default Brain Flatulance: Conferencing, etc...

Another week of learning about the stock market and moi is kinda, sorta, well, tired of learning and would like to be a Cramer Caller telling him, “Thank you for all the money you’ve made me—booyah!” I think one thing is for certain if the stock market ever gets back good, I sure ought to be one of those callers ‘cause I am ‘bout OD’d on learning ‘bout the negatives of the stock market—it is more “geez” than a “booyah!”

Staying for a while in a fancy hotel for a conference on “Becoming a TV Evangelist…”Fancy” in hotelspeak is based on the price outrageousness of what they charge you to use or to consume or to satisfy one of your sense organs with a service or provision…This hotel is thus fancy, because in case of fire you have to pay $9.95 to exit (You have to swoop your room key-card through the exit lock)…I don’t think I would argue about this charge if there was a fire or a terrorist attack, as I would ‘bout being charged for breaking the seal on a $6 one liter bottle of water to douse on meself in case of Spontaneous Human Combustion, which I have to watch out for these days, since I am studying to become a high income—sorry, strike that—high powered TV evangelist under the tutelage of the most imminent world-renown Video Professor, and failing…I have screamed and gnashed my teeth and smacked the TV screen showing CNBC and still I cannot seem to raise the stock market from dead…It is horrible to be awful now both in the stock and high income—sorry, high powered—TV evangelism markets…

Sad to say, but I, well, cheat…I slip away to a Waffle House—but I remember Master Cramer loves Best of Breed and “branded” products, so I proudly slink off to the nearby WH for some real food with grease, salt, sugar, and caffeine…I think buying Brand is why my Dollar General Disposal Razor is still going strong—booyah! DG’s version of WD-40 keeps its blade sharp and ready—another booyah!

Today, at our final conference we get to buy titles…I am going for “Bishop” I think and may well also buy a “Doctor”…My feeling is if one brand name is good, then obviously two would be better—booyah! I kinda like imagine my first TV show with my title: “And now-w, Bishop Doctor Zyzzyva…” I am thinking I will burst forth screaming, “BOOYAH!! I CAN’T HEAR YOU-U!! BOO-YAH!!” I am thinking viewers of TBN don’t watch “CNBC” and vice-versa…I am thinking “borrowing” booyah in this instance ain’t exactly plagiarism in the strictest sense, which is majordomo big in TV Evangelism, where, because of tax issues, we have to be careful—we don’t like, shall I say, render unto Caesar anything…

Kind Reader, I bless you and leave you with this stock tip: Monday (6/24), from my titanium cathedral that has began with one small chip for man, I shall attempt to raise the stock market from the dead, so if you have faith in your Bishop Doctor of Wall Street, get ready to buy, or if ye is of so little faith, short, but to one and all, booyah!

Default Bush's Stupidity

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...t_x.htm?csp=34

He screws up with everything he gets his hands on (e.g., 9-11, Iraq, Israel, and now stem cell research). He has got to be the worst president in the United States' history. Is he trying to push us back into another dark ages? We can save some aborted fetuses from saving millions of lives through stem cell research. Instead of using them for science, we'll just cremate them. The conservatives that buy this line of crap are so incredibly ignorant!

Default Give this a try... I am an idiot

Idiot spam post deleted by administation!

These posts are tracked by IP address, and after banning the user, complaints are sent to the email provider, the ISP, the upstream provider (the BIG ISP that supplies the little guys) and any other email addresses or websites mentioned in the spam.

Default Arab World Unites Against Israel

Air, ground and naval units from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Egypt have been seen massing for battle. Large fleets representing the combined navies of several countries steam toward the Israeli coast and the Straights of Hormuz. Representatives of the Arab league vow to stand united against the Israeli aggressors.

When Chickens have lips.

Israel pounds Lebanese territory effectively isolating country, Lebanese President whines, Arab world remains with finger in A**.
    Mahmoud you have permission to make me another felafel

What hits par first? Oil or CVX?
    Allah Akhbar