Thread: Thank God for the internet!

Default I nearly flipped!

I haven't been paying attention to the news as of late and my mother told me this... "Did you hear what Krammer said the other day?" At this point I thought she was talking about Jim Cramer because she knows I like to watch his show.

"No Mom, what did he say?"

She continued to tell me about the racial tirade that Krammer the actor fired out on Friday. The n-word this, the n-word that.

All the while thinking it was good ole Jim, I said I can't believe he would say that... Oh man that's crazy. He will lose his show, etc, etc. Then I talked about Madmoney and stocks. Finally she corrected me that it was Cosmo Krammer rather than Jim Cramer.

Whew! Still it was pretty damn stupid for this display but it wasn't my Cramer. So shame on the other Krammer.

Default UFC 65 on Pay per view @ 10 est

Hope you're all gonna be watching tonight as the snowman chops down the maniac. And Matt Hughes shuts up the french canuck.

Default How can I buy oil futures

Is there a way to buy oil futures instead of investing in an oil company? I want to cut out the middle man.

I know rookie question. Thanks in advanced.

Default Nice Reading list

http://www.thekirkreport.com/2006/11...0_most_in.html

Remember, your library can order these books from other libraries, and if you like one, check out eBay or Amazon for used versions

Oh, make sure to put your name in at your local library for Master Cramer's next book

"Borrow" the book before buying, because as with his current book, most of the info may likely be found at "thestreet.com," so buying it may not be cost effective

Hopefully, this latest work to shill for the next two years won't be a ghost written jobby to add a few more million to his bottom line

"Confessions of a Street Addict" is worth buying, by the way! A true classic! (I am not being cynical)

Default Hacking Democracy

I'd consider this a 'must see tv' type of show. It airs on HBO and exposes the gaping flaws in our voting machines. I did'nt get to see the entire show, but the part about Diebold's software files being found on the net and showing machines that output a different name than was input was very interesting.

Default micro loans

saw this interesting idea a few weeks back, but the organization had problems with heavy traffic on their website. it looks like its all back up and running-

they basically use pay pal to let individuals make business loans to third world entrepenuers. they have a zero default rate! instead of "feed the children" it is more like "let mom and dad have a shot to feed me without sneaking into your country and getting robbed by western union." i am in no way suggesting you make a loan, but rather post as food for thought with regards to our banking system in general. enjoy!

http://kiva.org/app.php

Default another Fed movie

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...dom+to+fascism

this one is also almost 2 hrs, but perhaps more entertaining since it was written/ produced by Aaron Russo. it is also much newer than the earlier posted "the money masters."

a short bio on Russo: During his career in the entertainment industry, Russo was manager for Bette Midler from 1972 to 1979 and The Manhattan Transfer, and the producer of the films The Rose and Trading Places. He also produced Wise Guys. Russo has stated that he was the first person to book Led Zeppelin in a United States venue, (the "Electric Circus," Chicago,1968, later named the "Kinetic Playground").

official movie link:http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

Russo bio link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Russo

Default Here's an idea for HBO

I think they should rename comic relief; Republican Bashing would be a much more fitting title. Ironic that they are alienating the group that typically has more disposable income. Now, if they dump everyone on the show other than Robin Williams, they would have a funny show that people like myself wouldn't mind paying for, I was looking for the "this is a paid political advertisement" disclaimer.

Default A Liberal's Pledge to Disheartened Conservatives

A Liberal's Pledge to Disheartened Conservatives

November 14th, 2006

To My Conservative Brothers and Sisters,

I know you are dismayed and disheartened at the results of last week's election. You're worried that the country is heading toward a very bad place you don't want it to go. Your 12-year Republican Revolution has ended with so much yet to do, so many promises left unfulfilled. You are in a funk, and I understand.

Well, cheer up, my friends! Do not despair. I have good news for you. I, and the millions of others who are now in charge with our Democratic Congress, have a pledge we would like to make to you, a list of promises that we offer you because we value you as our fellow Americans. You deserve to know what we plan to do with our newfound power -- and, to be specific, what we will do to you and for you.

Thus, here is our Liberal's Pledge to Disheartened Conservatives:

Dear Conservatives and Republicans,

I, and my fellow signatories, hereby make these promises to you:

1. We will always respect you for your conservative beliefs. We will never, ever, call you "unpatriotic" simply because you disagree with us. In fact, we encourage you to dissent and disagree with us.

2. We will let you marry whomever you want, even when some of us consider your behavior to be "different" or "immoral." Who you marry is none of our business. Love and be in love -- it's a wonderful gift.

3. We will not spend your grandchildren's money on our personal whims or to enrich our friends. It's your checkbook, too, and we will balance it for you.

4. When we soon bring our sons and daughters home from Iraq, we will bring your sons and daughters home, too. They deserve to live. We promise never to send your kids off to war based on either a mistake or a lie.

5. When we make America the last Western democracy to have universal health coverage, and all Americans are able to get help when they fall ill, we promise that you, too, will be able to see a doctor, regardless of your ability to pay. And when stem cell research delivers treatments and cures for diseases that affect you and your loved ones, we'll make sure those advances are available to you and your family, too.

6. Even though you have opposed environmental regulation, when we clean up our air and water, we, the Democratic majority, will let you, too, breathe the cleaner air and drink the purer water.

7. Should a mass murderer ever kill 3,000 people on our soil, we will devote every single resource to tracking him down and bringing him to justice. Immediately. We will protect you.

Default eBay Auction to Help a Non-Profit Rescue

Hey there,

Some of you may already know, but for those who don't, I help run a non profit animal rescue group here in PA, NJ, DE, and MD. We rescue northern breed dogs from local shelters and find them forever homes. We are just coming up on our first year as a rescue and already we have adopted out over 40 dogs.

As with all things, it takes money to run the rescue. We spent over 4K on vet bills on just one dog! We depend on donations and fundraisers to keep doing what we do.

So if anyone wants, feel free to check out our eBay auction, while it is mostly dog related items, you never know who you may need a holiday gift for this year!

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...serid=nbrescue

You can also check out our main website for info on our group
    http://www.nbrescue.com/