Thread: Thank God for the internet!

Default defender of the faith

Well I am fairly new to this community and already neighbors who I respect are moving out.
    This bothers me as they had very good opinions as well as advice.

Now we are left with let's say to many chiefs and not enough Indians.
    Most of there post are mindless dribble who's childhood antics are unbelievable to me.
    Who cares what a man's respects or beliefs are as long as it does not effect you are your family ,then its all just mindless bulls*&$.
    Will I leave, No because your stupid antics do not faze me in the least.
    You ruin a chat board with this crap, we are here to gain knowledge wisdom and maybe some good stock ideas.
    Not to see some immature ass show a downloaded pic of a bobble head!
    What are we in Jr high school again!

Yes this is heated discussion about cramer I will give you that but to personally attack a fellow board member because of his beliefs is bulls*&^

I only hope one can mature enough to realize the level of incompetence one has shown and performed, admit the wrong doings and apologize to the whole board for the immature antics which they displayed.

Those know who they are..
    To the new incoming members please over look the childish like behavior the few possess as we are not all like that.

We come here to gain knowledge and insight not to watch a bad episode of surreal life.

so I hope we have all learned a lesson because the few bad seeds have shown us nothing but 12 year old games and those like Aiki who have left the forum displayed at least the abilities one only strives to achieve in the game of making money..
    I could give a rats a&& about what you think of my opinion on aiki as he at least can Back up what he brings to the table. the rest say they can but they cannot.

Just my two cents.. if I offended you then good you needed to be offended and to the rest sorry you had to read my frustrations!

Default Homework: Cheap Money May Cost Discount Brokers

This might be worth asking about (Scottrade is private):

http://www.thestreet.com/pf/markets/.../10339515.html

Default Our lawmakers have great priorities

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- One Maryland state lawmaker wants to grab the bull by the... Well, let's say it's not exactly by the horns.Delegate LeRoy Myers Jr. wants to outlaw bull testicles and other anatomically explicit vehicle doodads.He said kids shouldn't have to see plastic gonads dangling from a pickup truck trailer hitch.The bill would also apply to things such as mud flaps that show bare breasts or other body parts. But the American Civil Liberties Union is objecting.The ACLU's Meredith Curtis said the proposal is overly broard and could apply to a bumper sticker from an art museum showing Venus de Milo.

I'm sure there must be more pressing issues in Md.

Default 30 Rock

Anyone else watch it? My wife's a big fan and now she's got me watching it. It's actually pretty funny. It's on now.

Default buffalo/ottawa hockey brawl

for those who missed it last night.

Buffalo Feed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sqgSv5SE0
    Ottawa Feed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVoAOg7_6vo

Enjoy!

Default Getting my Real Estate License

Well i decided to use some of my gains to pay for me to get a real estate license. Hopefully i can do well in real estate so i get more money to invest

Default Homework: Wall Street Confidential

If you like the real Cramer and calm add this to your browser:

http://publish.vx.roo.com/thestreet/...sh&bitrate=300

Default or the recent axe grinders..

i appreciate Cramer for the entertainment he offers. i respect him for his many accomplishments. from day one of viewing, i have had a self imposed moratorium on trading anything on the Cramer radar screen. i broke this rule once, and only because i had other reasons for the trade. i appreciate your effort to give newbies like myself a reality check. but after a point i am reminded of this article. take it for what it is worth, and keep up the debate!

How to recognize Stock bashers on Message boards, newsgroups and in chat rooms. its too long but you got to read it. LEARNING is a process and an evolution. Learning is not all fluff. Learning is a process of awareness and unfolding development; one must be willing to work at it though.
    A year ago when I asked broker friends of mine if the internet message boards will have any affect on a stock. They ALL laughed at me and said those idiots having an affect on a stock!
    A truth: IT IS EASIER TO SCARE PEOPLE INTO SELLING THAN IT IS TO INFORM PEOPLE INTO BUYING A STOCK.
    Well I asked those same friends this last week, and the answer from all YES! message boards and ""shorts" (some) can manipulate with lies, and deceit.
    Now think about that, you have elderly that invest and find their way to the message boards only to see false posts about "SEC Violations" and "Class action suits" or you have a Yuppie with a kid to put in college going to these message boards only to see posts by 15-20 (probably 5 or 6 under alias) "pack of shorts" posting the same false stuff about SEC Violations or lawsuits or "there's bad news coming out" ....what do you think they will do ?
    It's easier to sell the stock and put the money into the bank for nervous people like the elderly and the Yuppie who needs college funds. THAT'S WHO THE PACK OF SHORTS PRAY ON AND DEPEND ON. They bet on a stock to go down-not up! Understand? And they have just as much money and risk as you. But they have the edge of fear, lies, falsehoods to post and pray on the nervous. Longs don't have that.
    Lesson 1: Remember, BASHERS NEVER BASH A BAD STOCK. Watch the board for stocks with no potential. They never have any bashers. Bashers only go after stocks that are going upwards or have excellent potential to go up. Bashers get left behind, so they want to bring the price down.
    Lesson 2: BASHERS ALWAYS BRING UP OLD NEWS THAT YOU HAVE HEARD MANY TIMES. New startup companies always have a few bits of bad news. The basher will post this over and over again. The stupid basher will try to make the old news a bit fresher to try to fool you.
    Lesson 3: BASHERS POST MANY TIMES A DAY. They try to wear you out. They comment on everything, every other post, and can answer every question. THEY KNOW IT ALL! There is no positive comment they won't bash. They try to control the board. True longs may have to address the bashers or they will appear to the newbies as being the people with all the information.
    Lesson 4: BASHERS WILL LIE TO YOUR FACE. Never trust a basher. The truth on startup companies is that many mistakes are made and losses happen. The basher will try to make you believe all startup companies make a profit, release financials every quarter and all aspects of the business run smoothly. THIS IS NOT TRUE. THE BASHERS LIE TO YOU. Startup companies can go years without profits, financials and good business, this is the nature of the beast.
    Lesson 5: The bashers know YOU CAN'T VERIFY THEIR STATEMENTS. That's why they make the statements they do.
    Lesson 6: The bashers PLAY ON YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE. They can lie about information and you couldn't know the difference (unless you have done your assessment of the company and know the truth and facts).
    Lesson 7: Bashers play on your lack of patience. YOU have held a penny stock for a while. You knew it will be a big penny stock someday, but the BASHER CAN GET TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE TIRED OF WAITING FOR YOUR GAIN . That's when the basher is best. You are tired. You have forgotten the goal for the penny stock was to hold it for one year. The basher is bothersome, so you dump it on a bad day. Some others also dump. Then you get mad for your loss and return to let everyone know how mad you are. Then you turn into a basher as well. THE BASHER HAS WON, AND GAINED A NEW PARTNER TOO, to be able to get in at a great price.
    Lesson 8: BRING THE PRICE DOWN. That is the basher's job. The truth is not important. Lies are the norm. Post continuously on the board every day. They are trying to hit the newbies visiting the board. They are trying to wear out the longs on the board. They do whatever it takes to wear the longs out.
    Lesson 9: BASHERS WILL TRY TO CREATE DOUBT AND GET YOU TO RESEARCH ITEMS THAT THEY KNOW WILL LEAD TO THE CREATION OF DOUBT IN YOU AND IN OTHER STOCKHOLDERS. A typical trick of an advanced basher is to propose that there is a potential "problem" because "we" don't have the facts on a particular subject. The basher dares someone in the group to find out the answer to the question. The basher already knows the answer; the basher already knows what will be found. The power of this tactic is that the basher is now in control of the actions of the stockholders; the basher has you, the stockholder doing HIS/HER due diligence and when you, the stockholder come back to the group with a questionable finding then the basher gains credibility. What to do??? Solution??? Well, I think it's important to find answers but on your own terms. I actually pick up the phone and call the company and talk to the investor relations person or the CEO until I get a satisfactory answer. The problem here is that the advanced basher has you doing his bidding and his work; you have essentially joined his ranks. So, develop your own little Due Diligence package and answer questions by placing the information into the package and referring all new investors to read the answers to questions raised in the Investor Information package but DON'T GET INTO A CONVERSATION WITH THE BASHER REGARDING THE TOPIC. THAT IS WHERE YOU LOSE. DON'T CONVERSE WITH THE BASHER; ANSWER INDIRECTLY; DON'T USE THE BASHERS NAME; DON'T GET INTO A PERSONALITY CONTEST.

Default Merger proposal for Thierry

Thierry it looks like the time has come to merge with Yahoo message boards. The content of this forum has degenerated into personal attacks under the guise of relating to stocks and the market.

Your hands off approach had worked well in the past, as squabbles always worked themselves out in a fairly short period of time. However the recent group of trolls are enjoying the freedom to post as they wish, and it appears they plan on sticking around awhile.

There are some good, knowledgeable people that share their experiences on this forum that are likely to be driven away if this forum continues it's descent into hatersville.

You are probably tired of the games as well and I know you are busy with other projects, but in my opinion it's time to start calling a spade a spade and take the garbage out. There are posters here who's only intent is to argue and ridicule, and they aren't difficult to spot.