PDA

View Full Version : Where did my stocks go?

BelindaCop
11-12-2016,
I guess this is a question for those of you that spent the last 10 years on Ameritrade trying to make a hobby out of the stock market...of course I wouldn't mind hearing a professional's take on my issue. I received 12 shares of Lucent Technologies stock back in 2000. It was a graduation present that went horribly wrong. Apparently my grandparents put 1000 bucks into them and then the tech bubble burst or maybe it didn't and I'm just really unlucky.

Benma
11-12-2016,
I put everything in a folder including, mailings and checks. Over the years I moved so many times, I never received another piece of mail regarding my stock. Some crazy stuff has happened to that company. They merged with Ascend Communications and then acquired Agere Systems not much later. Something happened with the stock. Somehow they gave me 3 shares of Agere Systems B stock. I noticed Agere was absorbed by LSI back in 2007. and Lucent merged with Alcatel, its arch-rival.

BerniceMn
11-14-2016,
All I really have is my original stock certificate from Nov of 2000 and a record of ownership for the B stock. I thought I remember reading once that they gave me some ascend stock as well, but i don't have a record of that. What can I do to get current and find out what I really own in this decade.

BetheaExcib
11-15-2016,
Have you tried calling Ameritrade, to my understanding they would be the
brokers who conducted the original purchase, so one of the most likely folks
to have answers to your questions?

Bernardmig
11-15-2016,
Start with Ameritrade, but you might also try Alcatel-Lucent shareholder relations. There might be a record there of your stock, and those folks would be better versed in what happened to the stock with all of the merger/acquisition stuff.

admin
11-16-2016,
I once inhereted some AT&T that turned into Bell South at the divestiture. Then it turned back into AT&T plus pac Bell, then Southwest Bell, now AT&T.

Explain the cost basis to the IRS on Sched D when that was sold..... hmmmm http://onlinetradersforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png