PDA

View Full Version : How do you view the TICK, TRIN, CCI and EPS Ranking?

aaaapolon
11-08-2016,
I've been reading through Toni Turner's book Beginner's Guide to Day Trading Online, and I was wondering how does one get access to the TICK, TRIN, CCI and EPS Ranking. I use Ameritrade, Scottrade, Yahoo Finance, and CNBC, but can't seem to find a good source for these resources.

Ameritrade has a tally of all the advancing and declining stocks...so I suppose if you subtract the two from each other, you'll have the TICK. I still have no idea where to find the TRIN and Commodity Channel Index. Earnings per share ranking seems a bit arbitrary, is it just a matter of opinion? If anyone can shed some light to these resources, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AbdulSharp
11-09-2016,
I wouldn't be surprised if you have to pay for this information.

AdriegeExcib
11-11-2016,
These are symbols just like any stock. If you have a real time java chart, you can watch it as it changes. Or, just type it into any chart service, which updates every 20 mins, and see what the reading it.

CCI - is an oscillator, just like RSI, Stochiastics etc...add it to your chart.

ADVIZOXIA
11-11-2016,
Thanks Mad Girl, I decided to re-read her book after reading Cramer's Sane Investing in an Insane World. I discovered that I hadn't quite gotten my head around the technical analysis stuff as well as I thought I did. Things are so much clearer with experience and the help of so many on this board. Thanks again!

AdamsuitAddit
11-11-2016,
old question, but try this. if your using scottrade, go to your streaming screen and add these; for the dow its $usn/tick and $usn/trin. for the nasdaq its $usq/tick and $usq/trin. helps gives bigger picture of what might become the trend. toni turners book explains how to read them.