PDA

View Full Version : How many shares do you buy and what daily volume do you look for?

AndrewBam
11-05-2016,
This is a question for those that day trade.Like do you buy 1000 shares and look for small moves or do you buy less and wait for big moves?
Also does the volume in the stock matter??

AndrewBam
11-06-2016,
I tend to buy options rather than stock shares if I'm day trading. It doesn't take nearly as much money.

Re: Volume? I don't think you have to trade something with AAPL volume. I just would steer clear of penny stocks with daily volume of 200 shares. I think there are plenty of stocks to trade without falling into thinly traded junk. I don't have a firm number that I use. 1M is a nice target, i think. There are plenty of issues that trade above that. I'd probably get squeamish under 100k daily volume. But there's no "rule".

AngelaAbnob
11-08-2016,
The number of shares is personal preference. I suggest sticking with stocks that have at least 100,000 shares traded on a daily basis. Otherwise, you may be stuck with your shares when you go to sell them.

AngelnadZete
11-10-2016,
Just curious on a side note, who are buying and selling around 19 million shares (2%) of Apple each day? Does one investor keep buying and selling Apple twice a week or a month? At 2% share trading each day, does that means every 50 days, all the shares are turnover to new investors?

What's the purpose of buying Apple at $565? You're just hoping to sell to another idiot for $600?

What happened to the idiots that bought Apple at its high at $700/share? Those idiots lost money and now are broke? What an idiot! LOL
Or should those idiots save those $700 Apple shares for many more months or a few years when the price may jump to $1,000/share? Then which idiots would pay $1,000 for a share of Apple? What a bunch of idiots and morons! I feel like LMFAO! LOL