PDA

View Full Version : Trading Probabilities Using Bayesian Theorem

chonfilyclown
10-04-2016,
Hi all,

I've done some research about probabilities and came up with this very interesting concept, finding historical/prior outcomes/knowledge and use it to evaluate the current market action to take the appropriate move, long, short, or flat, be it an entry/exit type for a particular market condition.

Does anyone have experience in this area and be willing to share as I'm interested in develop this idea further to enhance my systems. Thanks.

czrxijgly
10-05-2016,
I did try to understand a book I had on Bayesian Analysis of Time Series Data but it only worked for the first 20 pages before it went a little above my head with the Maths ( I have a degree in Maths & Physics so it isn't like I cannot understand basic stuff). Certainly sounds interesting. I have found a lot of interesting statistical ideas however and unfortunately been unable to implement them in my trading models due to my mathematical limitations. I think this is where funds like Medallion score because they only employ Maths and Science Phd's who have a relevant thesis...It has to work because these guys crank out

DanielRer
10-06-2016,
If these guys are able to do this, it presents a dilemma, being to disseminate or not to disseminate, to openly discuss or not to discuss it at all.

DebbieLash
10-08-2016,
Excellent mathematical analysis is surely a good thing when it comes to trading. The results of the Baysiens Theories are evidently most encouraging. Thank you for sharing.