PDA

View Full Version : Motorola-Future of...

axuiyitiku
09-13-2016,
:frown: Is it just mind boggling that Motorola is being beat up? By NOKIA?. It seems that they are not getting a fair shake after all the products they have had over the years is it possible that they are still making money off the transistor that they invented? Can someone speculate on why their stock is pounded?. They have made several great items. Is this another American company going down the tubes?. If I am mis-informed please clarify. Thanks.

beacpird44
09-14-2016,
Motorola has a wacky business model and has changed focus a few times in ways that we're difficult to understand.
The Transistor was invented by Bell Labs, were they absorbed by motorola at some point?
http://www.pbs.org/transistor/album1/index.html

Bennierge
09-14-2016,
I'm not sure. In vintage stereo equipment they were used in Marantz receivers,among many other brands. TO3 Transistors made by Motorola. They made several police related radios,TV sets and I was just wondering why they are struggling. 400@ $14.10. :slug:

Beverlyhep
09-15-2016,
I think the struggle is generally blamed on not having a good follow-on product for the RAZR phone. The techies like Nokia's products better. So Motorola stock will suffer because of YOY comparisons. This is just my sense of it from general reading, not a full DD.

BTW: In my view, "vintage" stereo equipment used vacuum tubes. I used to do wonderful things with a tube tester and a bag full of 6J6s. I can almost remember the purpose of each of the grids in a pentagrid converter...but I digress. :wink:

admin
09-16-2016,
I think possibly Motorola needs a better structure. They have a radio side and a cell phone side. Where they are both communications, they are quite different. Maybe they are getting pulled in different directions.