PDA

View Full Version : Using your girlfriend as a trading signal

Albertosl
08-19-2016,
It seems almost inevitable that the vast majority of noobs will blow out their account when they start trading.

So I was wondering, what happens if you take someone who's a total noob, a little bit irrational, and very emotional, e.g. my girlfriend and as a birthday present give her an account with ?1000 in it. Tell her to have fun, enjoy herself, make money, the sky is the limit.

As I see it, there's a 99% probability that she will blow the account within a week. So what if we were to somehow monitor what she's doing, and always enter our own trades in the opposite direction? Once her ?1000 goes to zero, the other account will have doubled.

In practice of course, it will be much less than double due to commissions + spreads, but could there be some profit?

So in summary, why can't you take a really bad trader and copy their trades, in reverse?

aliciaiv11
08-19-2016,
I'm into unorthodox trading signals, so let us know what happens ?
Maybe I'll look around for an airhead dolly-girl to have a go http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
I've tried bird signals. Are they flying left to right past my window etc.
Bloomberg presenters' clothe's colours etc.

alufejuli
08-21-2016,
In a word yes. When it comes to currencies, the Forex Market is doing whatever it takes to make the majority of traders wrong, most of the time. The market has to do this because it is being driven by everyone involved in trading it and since it is a zero sum game most people will lose their money to a few highly skilled players. Therefore, what feels like the right thing to do is more often than not the wrong thing to do.

Does that make sense?

AndrewGek
08-22-2016,
it is a common fallacy to be a profitable trader all you have to do is take the opposite side of a losing traders trades. This is even more true when stop sizes are relatively small. To try to shed some light on this think about the following experiment. 10,000 trades entered at random direction, with 20 points stop and 20 point take profit, no spread, no commission. You would expect 5,000 winners and 5000 losers, no sir that would be wrong, there will be many more losers due to the nature of the markets need to liquidate.

Angewygom
08-22-2016,
What do you mean feels like?

Let me expand...

It feels like - touching
It seems like - seeing
It sounds like - hearing
It tastes like - eating
It smells like - nosing around

Is this your system?

Pat - you serious about unorthodox trading signals?

Have you tried the moon system?

admin
08-23-2016,
no ......because of the grey area inbetween good and bad trades ..it bleeds you dry