PDA

View Full Version : Best watchlist with valuation ratios

Carlosdem
07-15-2016,
special situations have really dried up over the past couple of months.

I wonder if companies are pushing it back for next year or to see how the environment changes.

CatfeftPari
07-16-2016,
That's probably because you posted about HKFI...

It has certainly been little ones recently but if you play them all you can at least beat bank savings account interest. That's what I'm doing. A few months back I took some of my savings cash out of the bank and put it into an optionshouse account where I plan on doing all these little odd lot deals and I will get more that way than sitting in a savings account. So far HKFI+UDF+IGOI+FBRC+FMNB+HNH+WBMD=$260 and then CACC will be another $70 ish. Not bad. It's also gives me something to do as my bigger long positions just sit and wait

Charlesunal
07-16-2016,
btw there was a reverse split forward split by IGOI a couple months ago that gave a 4% return or so. Weird thing, they reverse split 250-1 then forward split 1-250 just to get rid of all the holders of less than that. Unfortunately I didn't find out about it until a couple days before the deal closing so I didn't have time to let you all know. Jae I see that you had some interest in IGOI years back

CHoto
07-17-2016,
Yup. IGOI did well for me as a net net. Didn't hold it that long but as of today, outside of any special situations, they aren't worth investing in.

I don't think that it's just HKFI. I highly doubt companies would even know about HKFI.

admin
07-18-2016,
There's usually a lot of special situations when the economy is good. Companies do it in waves. A lot of deals happen suddenly and then it becomes silent again when the economic environment changes.