PDA

View Full Version : TSX venture and OTCBB

ABeespackBags
06-19-2016,
I want to quickly screen tsx venture and otcbb. What I want to do is to rule out mining stocks, exploration companies, and energy companies. What is a quick and easy way to do this?

acaefwqf38
06-20-2016,
Do you mean for old school value?

adavisvenu
06-23-2016,
No, not necessarily for osv. For me, at home. I would be glad to share after I get it done. Or, has anyone else done it?

ADreattylilt
06-24-2016,
There isn't one of the form you are used to (screening for P/E, ROIC, ect). This is part of the reason there is such undervalued companies on these exchanges. I'll focus on OTC stocks since I'm not as familiar with TSX (though most TSX-listed companies are on the OTC).

First, the OTC is not an exchange. It's a software platform that facilitates subscribing B/Ds to create markets that in effect create an exchange due to OTCM's scale. OTCM generates a substantial portion of their rev/profits from selling this data to information distributors (sites that offer screeners). Since this info has less demand compared to NYSE/NASDAQ data, there are no distributors willing to offer this data for free.

ajalgsbt24
06-24-2016,
OTCMarkets.com has a screener, but you will have to do the lion's share of the legwork. Please don't take this the wrong way but if the data was freely available then you probably wouldn't want it since everyone else is capable of using a free screener. The more diligent work you put into an investment, the more likely you are in possession of unique (or basically unique) information. That's how you get a competitive advantage in investment opportunities! You should view this situation as an opportunity and not an impediment.