PDA

View Full Version : Cool Trade Good or Bad?

Berekmr
06-02-2016,
I have come across and wondered if anyone had any experience of it. And, if so, what they thought?

It sounds quite an interesting idea but it's hard to tell.

If there is another forum post covering this please could someone let me know as I could not find one.

Thanks

Bernadopl
06-03-2016,
cooltrade has their own community board and live chat room. but you must be a member to access it.
there are also a lot of discussions about cooltrade on the elitetrader.com board.
I've been using it for a few years and have become quite familiar with it's many features.
As someone else pointed out, one month of using the software will eliminate 1000 questions.

Enlightened

BernadoZoge
06-04-2016,
Anyone still using CoolTrade?

BernardWeri
06-05-2016,
My experience with Cooltrade.
I set it up (simulator mode) on the $2. or below strategy with $20k to play with, it within a few days had taken $20k to $18k, not good .
It stayed at between -$2k-$3k for a couple of months, it took profits from lots trades but a couple kept the profit a big negative.
I asked a few questions on the bb and got few answers, the answers I did get was the $2 strategy is a long strategy and can only react to the markets which are not good now. I was told it would one day shoot off with one stock $2k to $3k.
I was sceptical of that to say the least.
Then one stock (FBN) which had been dragging the profit down and cool trade had added to the position did take off. The two trades I had in FBN were now worth a whooping great $5k each, I was now $8k up. I still ran in simulator mode for a few more weeks to see if the profit would stick, it did and some.
I have now been running it live for 12 days with only a starting amount of $12665. in 12 days it's added over $400.
I'm well aware that could go negative in a very short time, but I'm also confident it would pick up again.
An acquaintance contacted me because he found out I was using it and he just started using as well, Bank of America strategy and it was working well for him.

admin
06-07-2016,
It has faults, it has an interface like the iPhone never happened, more of a downer is that you do need to run it in simulator mode for a long time to get a feel for it and prove your money is not going down a deep pit. You are paying for that because you buy a license for a time period to use it, so that isn't good and should be altered. A try before you buy would be a lot better idea, say 3-6 months in simulator mode. Cooltrade should put their money where there mouth is and sell on it's performance proven to investors and not expect us to jump in on a leap of faith, which I did.
I have issues with it starting up automatically, which I need tech support to sort.
Tech support has been really very good for me, as I'm a Mac user and having to use Windows left me confused, Windows constantly invents new ways to ...k things up without me doing anything. I bought a computer just to use Cooltrader and that's all it does, no emails etc just Cooltraderpro.
It gets a thumbs up from so far, doing better than my other investments which are all down and have been for some time.