PDA

View Full Version : Financial Independence Journey

Coinnincelibe
04-21-2016,
Whats going on brothers?

I have introduced myself in this thread : http://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/from-the-east.66859/

I am so happy to see a place where i can post my progress, I already write a daily journal for myself but its great to get feedback from people as well.

Little about me. I am 25 from India. And I quit my job with 4 months of savings and a slow selling Private labelled business. I am not able to buy more inventory for my private labelled business so i would rather let it sell slowly. I need to jump into something else, i am interested in online business because I am internet savvy. And it also will allow me to have more freedom.

Now I have been working for past 5 months from home and i did not make any money. I am super depressed about this, but i am going to keep the hustle.

Thats why I will make a progress journal here. I will update once in a few days.

I hope this thread will expand into a story that people would share one day :)

Regards
Adam

crystapiccinichcqp
04-22-2016,
What Did I do Today?

1) FIVERR GIG
Yesterday I read this article about making Fiverr gigs in this forum: http://www.thefastlaneforum.com/com...with-less-than-1-30-hour-of-daily-work.66088/
So I went ahead and made one gig. It took me 5 hours to make the gig including making a video. I recorded myself in my smartphone, did some Audacity audio editing, made a quick video in Sony Vegas with subtitles (My accent is not very good) and uploaded in Fiverr. The gig is active but the video is still waiting moderation.

2) COLD CALL
I am SCARED of cold calling. I only made 6 cold calls (I got number from Yellow Pages) mostly because of mental masturbation. 5 rejection and one polite conversation which can be a lead after 2 months.

What am i going to do?
Now, I am going to make 4 more gigs. Hopefully I can make this faster because i have the know how from making it once.
Now, I am going to practice one script.
I have to make at least 15 phone calls tomorrow. (Try to make it fun. Play games like call without thinking, multiple calls with 30 seconds gap max .etc)
Collect 50 numbers from a different source (Maybe OLX)
Read a few more golden threads here.

DawsonBit
04-24-2016,
My goal right now is to build this service based business up enough to
Get financially independent before my 26 birthday on August 20.
Pay my rent and make sure that my parents are happy (I can send them money and such).
Let my brother handle it (He is sick of his 9/5 as well)
Get a ton of experience and learn a lot.
Have a revenue stream.
Gateway to other ventures.
I am very emotional with this business thing now due to lack of success. I am hopefully going to find points for implementation in this forum.

DaniI31908
04-24-2016,
How many hours did you spend a day for this?

Sent from my Lenovo S660 using Tapatalk

deesidinionry
04-25-2016,
odihost said: ↑
How many hours did you spend a day for this?

Sent from my Lenovo S660 using Tapatalk
To make the Fiverr post it took me 5 hours. It can be a lot faster next time. Tonight i will try to do it faster.