PDA

View Full Version : Made two huge mistakes this morning watching CNBC.

absenHeda
04-06-2016,
I made two huge mistakes this morning listening to the talking heads on CNBC, I was going to put in orders before the market opened, didn't when I heard them say those stocks were going lower, and now they are WAY UP. That is not the first time that's happened, either. I should just turn them off and watch the weather in the morning. I'd probably do better. :?

Ailamr
04-07-2016,
I hate it when that happens deepinwonder. I can see your hesitation since those people on TV are the supposed experts in their field.

I try to make my own objective purchasing.

"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them. But do not let them master you." Helen Keller

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win." Roger Bannister

My online trading Journal:
http://stockmarketaddict.blogspot.com

aezvuzfc47
04-08-2016,
Problem is most of those people are on to fill time and hear themselves talk and disagree with each other. I have always had a question about how objective they are. They can give you some ideas but it is best to research on your own. I have learned that lesson the hard way.

AlbertoBev
04-09-2016,
re: CNBC

RIG is up $1.79 right now... now you guys know I've done my homework on the drillers and oil services, it's not like I haven't owned stock in plenty of them, either. CNBC said they were going down this morning, so I listened and waited for a good dip to buy into LIKE AN IDIOT.

AAAAAAAGH>>>>>>> sound of woman jumping out the window.