PDA

View Full Version : Eminis PnF

loledTal
03-28-2016,
Eminis PnF
Hi folks,

As per my promise, here is my first post regarding a strategy for trading the S&P emini ES

You probably know I'm a big fan of PnF for intraday trading so I applied a technique from a very successful trader of FTSE to the S&P emini.

The set up is a PnF chart set to Box size 1, reversal 2

The technique is to trade 5 box reversals, thus always being in the market.

The results have not allowed for slippage (overnight moves mainly) or commission.

Since the 24th December 2002 this method has produced a profit of 213 points from 56 trades. The worst drawdown has been 6 points!!!

Thats over $10,000 of profit per contract net of costs in about 7 weeks.

I'm not saying such wonderful performance will continue, but it augers very well indeed.

JonnyT

losxjvpc32
03-30-2016,
Hi JonnyT,

Interesting post. I actually just started seriously looking and P&F for intraday yesterday myself. One question though, if the reversal size is 2, how do you get a 5 box reversal?

Cheers,

H.

loledTal
03-31-2016,
JonnyT,

Could you post a chart as an example, for us to look at? Perhaps one of your recent trades.

Cheers

db-t

Lucasach
04-01-2016,
Quote:
Originally posted by Henry
Hi JonnyT,

Interesting post. I actually just started seriously looking and P&F for intraday yesterday myself. One question though, if the reversal size is 2, how do you get a 5 box reversal?

Cheers,

H.
The chart is constructed using 1 point per box, and a 2 box reversal criteria, however, the trades are entered and exited on 5 boxes being filled in the opposite direction.

With PnF it is important to get a scale-view of the chart that you are trading, sometimes the reversal criteria are also the trade points, but not always - as in this case.

If you get your chart optimisation right, there are several other types of trade that you can make from the same chart.

TBS

lukelove78
04-02-2016,
Click the image to open in full size.

This is how the action for the sp's today would look - granted it has been a very tight range so far - hence a coulple of losing trades.