PDA

View Full Version : Automated Trading

awuropeu
05-19-2016,
Hi. When it comes to automated trading, what are my options for software and brokers?

BasirZek
05-21-2016,
The main one advertised is Think or Swim, but there are others out there. I know LightSpeed has and automated trading platform. You just need to look around a little bit.

acounddak
05-22-2016,
Think or swim has dozens of advisories that you can autotrade. Check out Red Option (https://www.redoption.com/)as an example. Basically, you just tell tos how much of your account you want to autotrade and then hook up with an advisory service. Easy to do.

John

aexeniciey
05-23-2016,
hat crap can't be no better than letting the AI play an MMORPG lol!

I believe they're called conditional orders, this auto-playing the stock market you speak of.

So if you want to auto trade just set Limit buys and stop sells, for example Etrade and perhaps some other
brokers have it where you can trigger one order with another set it up all conditional etc so you can wipe out Nasdaq!
For example, you can have it where IF Stock XYZ > $4.50 then BUY stock ABC and if ABC > $15 then
STOP SELL stock FEH @<$10 and so on, and so forth.

Yes sir, yes sir, you can BUY Coca Cola based on the price of Petroleum divided by the price of wheat!
As to why someone would want to do that I could not tell you, but it most certainly can be done
and the above are rather puny in complexity, sad examples of the true power of conditional orders.

Keep in mind, at Etrade every action costs you $12.99 and if one thing triggers another it
could get expensive quick, but so long you got the money, anything's possible.