PDA

View Full Version : DKS Dicks Sporting Goods

JamesLog
03-30-2016,
Ouch I can't sit down after buying 101 shares on the open at $35, man that was not good news about Gaylans. Oh well like the man says he ain't always right but it might be a "mon-back" time at $33 a minute ago?

I do like the investors section on DKS's website. The management looks solid with E&Y, Mervyns and J.C. Penny executives. I thought they had already wrote off all the merger costs last year.?

Anybody been in a Gaylan to Dicks converted store? Are the employees happy? I live in CA so have no 411 on the parking lots or employee morale.
Peace-Out
Kbro

JavierRorb
03-31-2016,
DKS

Tried to get in last night on extended hours at market close. My limit order did not go through. Boy am I glad. Todays tumble made me rethink.
Now I'm in at 33.89. Can wait for it. Great company, timing looks good for the fall surge.

Jensgarblet
04-01-2016,
re: DKS

I made a rule for myself that if I can't see a store or restaurant with my own eyes, I'm not going to invest in it.

Jett08W225
04-02-2016,
re: DKS lowers guidance

Just found this news about Dick's Sporting Goods lowering guidance on thestreet.com's main page, today!

http://www.thestreet.com/_tscs/stocks/retail/10238235.html

JonathanRo
04-03-2016,
re: dks

Cramer said to sell on his show, tonight. You might have gotten in low enough, but it could go down further, because of the guidance. The analysts are not always right, someone downgraded one of my stocks last week, right before it shot up $1.45. I'm long on that one and trying to make it back up to where I first purchased it (just about there) and beyond. It dropped because they are issuing more stock for another acquisition or three. Constellation Brands (STZ) the wine company.