PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Online Brokers

debravm18
03-29-2016,
Just wanted to ask the Canadian investors out there which online broker do you use? I've been using TD Waterhouse but the 29$ US commission is pretty brutal...I've been looking to change it to Ameritrade Canada or Questrade? anyone one use these two....please share your thoughts on these two more affordable brokers...especially maintenance fees or other hidden fees....thanks guys.

dinagn2
03-30-2016,
I know how you feel; I pay $25 dollars a trade with CIBC.

DennisttJege
03-31-2016,
I'm with Credential Direct. $25/trade here too and $4 to set limit. :(

dpwllvtg60
04-01-2016,
i've been using ameritrade canada for a few months and it's pretty good. but i'm now in the process of transferring my account over to optionsXpress.ca because ameritrade canada accounts are being transferred to TD Waterhouse brokerage accounts.

optionsXpress, from what I hear and have read, is the BEST online discount broker. barron's had a big piece rating all of them and this one came out on top! so i'm looking forward to begin trading with them.

Donaldcels
04-01-2016,
How about Interactive Brokers?

Anyone have any experience with them?

Their trade prices are pretty good, but if you trade over a certain number of shares, it is an extra couple of cents per share. So not so good if you are trading a lot of shares.

8O