PDA

View Full Version : Cheap way to start trading stocks.

roxiewt2
03-27-2016,
Okay so originally I started wanting to learn stocks. I was gonna make my first trade with my upcoming tax return.

I got really sidetracked with poker.
SO I have 2 questions.

The first one is, what is the cheapest way to start trading stocks without online brokerages taking anything (if anything) I earn? If started even with (tradeking) and I did 2 trades a week that'd be $10 dollars. With $100 dollars I'd have to be making 10% weekly to cover that. If only any of us were that great..

My 2nd question, is it even worth it to learn? Can you truly make another income from this? What does the average trader make % wise yearly?
I know that's a tough question but personal experience?

I've found that I can up my poker bankroll 5% a night easily, granted I'm playing low stakes, and the higher I move up in stakes the harder that will be.

Do any of you do both?

Runakol
03-29-2016,
And the reason I'm looking for a cheap method to start trading is because I learned through poker that there's a learning curve, and that learning curve cost money.

Russellvex
03-30-2016,
Yes, well worth learning. Cost of learning curve--it's just tuition. Tuition could be cheap depending on how disciplined you are.