PDA

View Full Version : PG - Procter and Gamble

AlesGreesiubs
03-20-2016,
...finally doing something, had a nice report and I might finally break even with this thing soon when i bought it a while ago at 59, but ill keep holding from there

Alfredwous
03-21-2016,
this thing is going a lot higher.
they beat by a penny and it gets taken that far up.
This also happens to be a quarter in which they are integrating Gillette.
Once that thing is integrated, that thing is gonna be smokin'.

amgojmti62
03-21-2016,
Anyone buying now that the buyback was increased from $6 billion to $30 billion?

I'm a little disappointed this one hasn't moved much since hitting the low to mid 60s but it is one stock that you can buy and hold forever.

I'd be interested in what managements target price is for releasing capital to buy shares. Will they buy above or below $60/share?

AngDype
03-24-2016,
Got to love the fact the yield on this one is now over 3%. A true international juggernaut with a half-dozen billion-dollar brands that is currently yielding as much as a high-yield savings account. Anyone claiming the dividend is not safe is blowing smoke.

On top of this P&G is expanding into the $20 billion US retail carwash business in their first foray into franchising. As the article below states, the carwash market is fragmented with the largest chain being comprised of only 100 stores out of a total market of 100,000. With P&G's brand power, and with such massive scope and scale it would not surprise me to see them capture 5% of the market and add another billion-dollar brand to their portfolio.