PDA

View Full Version : Losing saved chart drawings

npuollom68
03-09-2016,
It seems every few months i lose all the drawings and notes from my old saved workspaces. Can you tell me what is causing this? I backup my workspaces every week... is there a way to restore just the workspace that i have lost drawings for rather than the whole backup file, which will replace the new files i have created since??
Please help, this is extremely frustrating!

thanks

obeoxexiiqihu
03-10-2016,
Hi maggiej12,

Drawing objects will be removed if not viewed within 20 days. This may explain why you do not see yours. If you view them at least once per 20 days this counter is reset.

If you are comfortable working with files in windows, you can save only the xml files from Documents\NinjaTrader 7\Workspaces to preserve your workspace.

The backup file will restore everything in it, but you can also open it up and manually extract the contents you're looking for. We do not provide support for this, but if you change the extension from .ntbk to .zip, you can open it up like a regular zip file.

odoliforehapi
03-12-2016,
If i make a copy of my workspaces folder in windows, how can i import a single workspace to view it in Ninja?

ogojecokisai
03-13-2016,
You can place the workspace .xml file you want in Documents\NinjaTrader\Workspaces.

We only recommend this if you are comfortable working with files in Windows. The only supported technique for preserving custom items is the backup / restore feature. It's possible to create a backup of only your workspace files.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm

OlegFag
03-13-2016,
none of my backed up workspaces have any drawing objects on them either...
how could this happen?
I have opened up the backup files i have saved for each of the last 3 weeks and none of the workspaces in them have any drawing objects on them!
I have spent hundreds of hours backtesting and making notes of my charts, i need to have this information available for reference!