PDA

View Full Version : Altering the OHLC Chart Style

MichaelKaw
03-07-2016,
I prefer the OHLC chart style over candlestick charts. However, I find NinjaTrader's OHLC bars a bit awkward.

Specifically, the horizontal Open and Close "wicks" (for lack of a better word), are a bit too large/extended. They protrude a bit too much. As a result, the bars must be spaced quite far apart so that the Close "wick" of the preceding bar does not overlap the Open "wick" of the following bar. (This can look quite confusing in a choppy market.) However, to keep them sufficiently spaced apart results in too few price bars showing up on a chart. (Other charting applications I had used in the past all had smaller horizontal Open and Close "wicks." They were not adjustable, but I did not find the need to adjust them to display the number of bars I wanted on a chart.)

Unfortunately, the Chart Properties dialogue box does not offer user-defined horizontal "wick" size. Is there any workaround or manual way of adjusting "wick" size? I do not have a programming background, so please be gentle with your suggestions.

Michaelpr
03-07-2016,
One11, correct unfortunately changing this is not supported per default - however with custom programming you could create a chart style for your needs, however we don't support those code changes unfortunately - so the best approach would be contacting a NinjaScript consultant for assistance to develop this -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Michelemaip
03-08-2016,
Any chance of this suggested adjustment to NT's OHLC bars being added in the near future? It has been over three years since I first inquired.about it.

MihchaelHorP
03-09-2016,
Thanks for checking in - unfortunately I could not offer an ETA or commitment, but it's tracked as active enhancement request in our tracking lists in product management, your vote and request is noted here as well (id 1214).

MitchellTr
03-12-2016,
Thank you, Bertrand. Much appreciated.