PDA

View Full Version : Understanding sessions and offset data

lanagp11
02-29-2016,
Hello,

I am having an issue to visualize data in charts.

I have set up some instruments for Yahoo connection, that are in a -3:00 time zone.

I am currently sitting at +3:00 time zone.

When I use the 24/7 time session or a session I created with the market time and the -3:00 time zone, I get all the data shifted by one day (Friday shows on saturday and so on).

The only way I could make it work was to create a session with my current timezone and apply that. Is that normal?

Regards.

KillianKa
03-01-2016,
Hello user1986,
Thanks for your reply.
Daily data is only provided in OHLC and Volume information. Session templates will not modify this data and it is typically recommend to leave it on default.
The Default 24/7 session template is based on eastern time.
Bars will get time stamped based on bar close.
Adjusting the session template can affect what day the bars get time stamped.
Brandon
NinjaTrader Customer Service
Use Kinetick, NinjaTrader’s preferred market
data service - Learn More
Free online training events -
View Schedule

Kristofer4
03-04-2016,
Thanks Brandon for your reply.

I'm afraid I am not quite following you... According to what you say, session should not change anything, but when I plot the values, I only see the candles in the correct day in some sessions (not in Default for example).

Where should the timestamp for each bar come from?

klerDit
03-04-2016,
Hello user1986,
Thanks for your reply.
I am referring to the OHLC values. Changing the session template will not affect these values so I do not recommend changing the session template. The only thing it will effect is the date of the bar. The date/time of the bar comes from your data provider.
Brandon
NinjaTrader Customer Service

Korazhart
03-05-2016,
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
The only thing it will effect is the date of the bar. The date/time of the bar comes from your data provider.
Ok, So the bar gets stamped with whatever date the provider has determined.
Then if my provider sends one date for a bar why am I seeing it in a different date by using the default session?