PDA

View Full Version : The WD-40 Company (WDFC)

KarmokDab
03-16-2016,
I am very intrigued by this company. Its such a simple product: An all purpose lubrication spray.

And for the life of me I cannot think of ANY other competitors. None.

As for pricing power, I don't even know how much a can of WD-40 costs. But if it was 5 bucks for a can, I probably wouldn't even blink or even notice if they increased the price of a can to 6 dollars.

If I was working on like a motorcycle engine or whatever, It'd be pretty dense of me to try to save myself 50 cents or a dollar on an off-brand when the engine i'm working on is worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

So far it seems pretty fairly priced, if not a little bit overpriced. I'm slogging through the annual report as we speak. So far, it passes my qualitative mental checklist. Its an easy business to understand and has a ridiculous moat. its also not that big of a company (I like to reason that small caps have more room to grow than large caps?)

katenJak
03-19-2016,
I've had this one on my radar and would love to see your thoughts on this. My time is full trying to follow my other idea's and past mistakes
wondering whether I should break the 3 year selling rule and move into full cash and start actually thinking and buying value and not gut stocks.....

Kelvinma
03-20-2016,
Ahhhh, i love the smell of WD40 in the morning. I'm sure alot of us who have been involved in engineering in some form will have memories of getting angry and cursing whilst trying to release rusted nuts and bolts - some with even the occasional bloodied knuckle for then WD40 to eventually come to the rescue and save the day. Evidently they didnt patent it as doing so would require you to disclose the formula. I wonder if its actually much different to other brand formulas ? The only other one i can remember from years ago is 3in1 oil but just found out its owned by WD40.

Kadokdype
03-21-2016,
well I completely missed on this one. Its gained something like 50% since I last looked at it.

I guess I got too cheap and should have gotten in when it was still at a fair price.