PDA

View Full Version : Penny Stocks - Intraday chat

finiwatikawa
03-07-2016,
Penny Stocks daily chat

Formerly known as the what are your watching tomorrow thread, this is now the penny stock intrday chat thread.

Please be aware that this forum is populated by experienced traders who have been in the market a lot longer than you.

If your post contains the words "10 bagger", "unlimited potential", "buy with both hands", "strong buy" or any other type hyped up language, everybody will laugh at you.

Rules of posting to this thread:

- No linking to external sites - That means NO, you can not link to your magical blog or super amazing #1 stock picking newsletter site.

- Penny stocks are not investments, they are trades. If you buy and hold anything here you are stupid

- Do not bother trying to pump your penny stock here, go to the Yahoo boards or ihub.

- 94% of the time penny stocks rally because they are being promoted, you know this, we know this, so do not pretend that you have an amazing penny stock pick because some magical press release/acquisition/cancer cure will be coming out soon.

Check back soon for more rules.

#1Admin42, Apr 1, 2016

fprlpemj45
03-09-2016,
I feel so alone here. Penny stocks are a sure thing for me because I diversify and only buy tickers after I check the financials. I'm pretty ignorant about the financials, even with a bookkeeping certificate, but I avoid (-negs). I gained confidence in penny stocks by creating 5 "fake" portfolios at Yahoo Finance and filled them with different penny stocks to the tune of a Max $500 per company, up to my life savings of $13,500. Then I paper traded for a day, by looking back 3 year's prior in History and put the mid-range selling price 'then' in as the price I "would have likely" paid "Had-I" bought it 3 years ago. And PRESTO! 4 out of 5 portfolios made me double or triple my investment within 3 years. It's a nice, passive, supplemental income for me, just to buy low and hold. It's TOO EASY & TOO SAFE not to do. Because, here are the statistics on average: 60% lost some or all of my $500, but mostly still had some of my $500 left and the LOSER companies were still trying to make me a rich girl someday in the future. Of the 60% losers, 3 ticker symbols disappeared = went out of business and choked down my entire $500 like a pelican with a fish. BUT 3 of my stock companies shot up over $24,000 - BevsPennyStocks.jpg long enough for me to cash out (Golden Eggs!). AND WHENEVER I START TO DOUBT MYSELF THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT USUALLY PLAYS OUT - I JUST SPEND THE DAY CREATING ANOTHER FAKE PORTFOLIO OF PENNY STOCKS I SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA BOUGHT 3 YEARS AGO - AND SEE HOW THEY WOULD HAVE DONE BY NOW. Test it for yourself and get happily ever after in your life with my "keep it simple for stupid" strategy. Free Luv from a New Thought Practitioner.

GanckaOa
03-10-2016,
Welcome to the boards!

We just launched last week, so this is all fresh and new!

Interesting strategy, you are essentially casting a wide net and counting on the gains from the big movers to make up for the losers.

"BUT 3 of my stock companies shot up over $24,000 "

That definitely saved your portfolio!

The question is if these results of catching high flyers like this can be replicated.

Georgeboto
03-12-2016,
Strangely enough though the percentages of wins vs losses is spot on with what I have been taught and through personal experience (60/40) when following my own trading rules (much different then the one above in this thread). But it seems you did have some sort of a plan since the post said avoided negs which I take to mean there had to be at least positive earnings or more assets then liabilities. Most plans if executed without emotion will have 60 percent losing trades but the 40 percent winners will more often then not outperform the 60 percent losers.

GornCen
03-13-2016,
You bet, I explained it above. Make 5 "fake" portfolios out of any 27 penny stocks you find (different companies for each portfolio). Pretend you had bought $500 worth of each company's stocks 3 years ago. Now, you can see for yourself how well it usually works. Nowadays, instead of grabbing 27 random=anything goes penny stocks, I try to select finer cuts of beef = companies already showing signs of improvement based on their financials.