PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers?

ikukuobufam
05-16-2016,
As I've read and lurked throughout all the build threads I've noticed something of particular interest to me..

There seems to be an interest in Jeeps LOL
I'm a Jeeper, Husbands a Jeeper and even the lil tykes love the Jeepin.

Odd coincidence or merely the like-minded?

Anyhow, I like talkin jeep almost as much as homebrewing (the valley is hop mecca so homebrewing is on our blood) and I LOVE looking at jeeps.
Post yours, discuss.

We've had a total of 4 Jeeps thus far. 2 having been sold for the rebuild of mine ;( I'll never live that down with the hubby......ever.

1st Jeep - MINE lo '02 TJ Apex Edition. Soon to be 4" lift with a brand spanking new (eh 3k miles) designed by ME 4.7L Stroker Motor. Can post parts and specs if anyone is interested.
This is mommas fun rig and kid hauler.

imsrvxev26
05-17-2016,
I have an XJ and had a CJ5 as well as a few other brand 4x4's (Suzuki SJ410, Toyota FJ60 diesel, IH Scout Traveler). You may have seen images of the XJ and CJ elsewhere on this site. I'll dig out the links to a photo or two and post them, to make it easy. I'll post some details too.

InfemeGek
05-18-2016,
Yeah, the stroker motor has a real "seat of the pants' pull. We try to take it easy on the rear diffs though since we still run the D35. Husband can make me almost sick to my tummy driving it. It WILL set me back in my seat and fling the tummy into your chest lol. We coulda gone with a small block Chevy, but I'm old school. Love me those in-lines, can't beat 'em for torque and the fact it's a JEEP!

I've seen your XJ and I know OlJarhead has one as well. Wasn't sure who else, but I know there's more around here somewhere. http://countryplans.com/smf/Smileys/default/biggrin.gif

inseheriadary
05-19-2016,
Hotel Rock trail. SE UT, off Hwy 95 south of Blanding. it is a part of Safari Week. I believe they do it as a drive in and turn around and go back out the same way. It is possible to continue north and end up in Beef Basin via Elk Mountain road. Along that way there is a hike to some way off the beaten track Anasazi ruins. It's known as Lewis Lodges. It's location used to be a guarded "secret" with maybe a hundred visitors a year. Thanks (?) to the internet there's lots of info now available with a Google. And with many more visitors it has been vandalized. Bums me out. There are even websites making money off them by selling memberships to trail info.