PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to learn material thourghly?

AdalinFag
05-12-2016,
I am going to be enrolled in a course to become an investment advisor, and I have to learn a significant amount of financial laws, terms, investment vehicles, and regulations. I want to become the best person that I am capable of becoming. What do you feel is the best way to learn a large amount of material thoroughly with accuracy of understanding.

agemuwoy
05-12-2016,
Sorry, I don't think there is one best way. I believe we have to figure out how each of us learns the best. There are learning styles quizes all around that can help you out.

What works for me is to record all of my notes and content read in my voice. Then I listen and read at the same time. I will replay crucial points hundreds of times to get it drilled in. I will also listen to my recordings as I drive and when lounging. Also, I have to walk during my read/listen sessions, to stay alert. I take exercise breaks to keep the oxygenated blood going. Sometimes I will make a mnemonic, a poem, or a song up to help with memorization stuff. I have also made my own flashcards out of 3x5 cards and carry them everywhere.

You have to experiment with what works for you. Good luck.:cheers:

AlanDalyel
05-13-2016,
I agree with Runinum!!

You have to go through a repetitive process to pound core ideas into your brain. The best way to learn is through Symbolical Meditation. Where you take a handful of ideas you want to master and meditate on them.

It really takes time and practice.

I would also like to ask a question here in this thread:

Do you guys think you learn better by going through an experience or from reading a book and then doing it?

AlbertRict
05-14-2016,
There is no doubt in my mind that experience is the best teacher. However, not all lessons can be learned strictly by experience. Sometimes you have to learn some fundamentals before you can get in the game.:cheers:

alisavb69
05-16-2016,
First, the basics.

1: Low glycemic index foods for breakfast. Cut back on the sugary things for your first meal and you should have some good lasting mental energy. Eat Breakfast.

2: Exercise helps every part of your body, including your mind.

3: Toss in a couple brain foods into your diet if you don't have many. You can find a bunch of different ones, and a lot of other brain health related information, exercise, and other junk like that at Brain Ready (http://www.brainready.com/blog/). So it should be easy to always have something healthy for your brain every day.

Ok. Then we can move onto something a little more interesting. I found an article for a product called supermemo. Haven't used it, what I want to focus on is the description for how it works. It uses the spacing effect (http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/magazine/16-05/ff_wozniak?currentPage=2) and there is a chart that shows how often you should be reminded of an important fact in order to keep it most burnt into your memory.

Try associating information with a unique pattern. I recall a lot of people with super memory can give each new piece of information a unique combination of mental sounds and or images and or textures.. Whatever, which makes them much easier to remember.

Smell is supposed to be a strong memory enhancing.. Uhm. Sense. The brain is more alert and attentive with more stimulus, and a touch of scent to go along with what you're trying to learn can be a very unobtrusive way to get your brain paying attention.