PDA

View Full Version : Tradelikespock's weekly stock pick

Cameronlomi
05-12-2016,
SID is this weeks best stock pick. 3.3 years of being in a down trend and SID is showing signs of reversing the trend. 4.34 area is around 2008 bottom and after reclaiming it in October 2013 and running nearly 30% before being flushed back down, it looks like this recent re-emergence above the line is the real deal. The flush in itself wasn't panicky: notice the smooth drop and recovery. 4.27 area is a good
stop and guess what? This stock has already reported so that's one less thing to worry about.

This is a cheap stock which means if it drops it will equal large losses so for this, getting an Options contract is probably the better idea. Normally this article would be written before getting into position but due to the production of several free educational videos we'll just throw this in the "once in a blue moon" basket.

Besides, the market is trying to decide which direction it wants to continue so Call options will keep me sane through all the chop. Speaking of the market... (the rest of the article and other educational material is on the free section of the website)

Campaket
05-14-2016,
SID was last week's best stock pick. Although the price is not yet near the stop of 4.27 the chart does looks gloomier as of today; however, this trade is planned out and the loss is acceptable so with that all I have to say is, if it stops me out then it stops me out--next trade! That's how winning in the long term is done.

The next trade and this week's best stock pick is HRB (which I will buy at Friday's open since I have plans). As you can see on the weekly chart above, HRB has been climbing since 2012 and consolidated sideways for 1.2 years before breaking into fresh new highs. This week we see a successful retest of the 32.29 area and we also see a buy signal per the free video above.

Carloseguan
05-16-2016,
For this week we'll be doing away with commentary on the main indexes. In all honestly, I pay little attention to what the major indexes are doing because individual stock price action affects my decision making more than anything else.

This week's edition of Best Stocks Weekly features two stocks playing at all time highs. Stocks that reach all time highs have high momentum which means they have a higher probability of continuing the uptrend versus picking up a falling knife (stocks that crashed).

bunnyhodep
05-16-2016,
Starting this week the watch list universe will be limited to a vendor provided list of stocks with the best fundamentals. In the past, my scans would normally yield 800 or more stocks which is not a problem since it takes seconds for me to do my technical analysis; however, since I'm all about refining and simplifying I decided it would be better to pick from a smaller pool of stocks with great fundamentals.

In theory, selecting technically sound stocks from a pool of fundamentally sound stocks should increase the probability of catching big trends. The keyword is should. From experience, random or near random stock picking yields similar if not better results from purposeful stock picking as long as you have proper risk management and position sizing in place (which you will learn in the course). For example, as of today the win rate is at 61% which is really good from a pro trader standpoint but experience has also taught me that win rates aren't everything. Even a 40% win rate is quite profitable, you see. It's all in how big your winners are and in this game; and especially with my strategy, it only takes one or two winners to eclipse all the losses and small wins. In trading you're really just jumping from one stock to the other until you land on that one big home run--the rest of the time you're controlling your losses in order to survive for the next jump.

Buzaronel
05-17-2016,
If you have been watching the model portfolio, you may have noticed that since reaching the milestone of $100,000 it hasn't really gone any higher than $101,000. Since then we're at around $98,000 which is still above the starting point after that big deposit giving us a near flattish performance--but that's okay! Flat is actually quite good considering the market action of the past several weeks (chop, chop, chop). Staying almost flat but above the starting point tells me I'm doing quite good, especially since I'm currently experimenting with Options and losing quite brilliantly, lol.

My big home run is coming which will eclipse all the small losses--could it be Ubiquiti Networks that brings home the bacon? Yes, the best stock of the week is Ubiquiti Networks ($UBNT). From the watch list, there were several others that sported nice technical. Such stocks are $VFC which resisted the bearish attack after earnings and is playing at new highs. It also has a small risk profile in my book. $SYNA also has great technicals and a buy signal to boot but it doesn't fit the advertised buy signal from the video above so I'm avoiding that so people don't get confused. $UBNT though has a small float, is under-owned, and the monthly chart looks like a big cup and handle. The risk profile is not as small as $ITC but it is under 10% for me is it's doable. I think with the small float--if institutions buy into this it should have a big upside. If I'm wrong, I lose small or win little so no big deal.