PDA

View Full Version : Learning to spot Technical setups & what I知 watching this week

oyuvafizoffug
05-10-2016,
Greetings traders and investors, I have been working on learning to read chart technicals and recognize chart patterns to spot stocks most likely to move and get in before the big move. There is a plethora of information to be found on line if you are inspired to educate yourself on the subject. A good charting software is a must to get a clear picture of the technicals, draw trend, support, resistance and chart pattern lines. Along with learning to use this knowledge you must also learn discipline in trading, when to enter or exit a trade. Make rules for each trade, If a stock has already made a big move don’t chase, there are and will be other opportunities. Once you have entered the trade you must make some rules based on the technical factors that prompted you to enter the trade. If a stock is finding support it must close above the support line. If it is breaking resistance it must stay above the resistance line. A trade based on a trend line or moving average bounce may not respond as you expected, so you have to decide what factors will prompt you to exit the trade. You only have to be right more than half the time and don't let your losses get too big and you will do well over the long run.

ParEstak
05-11-2016,
Here are some tickers I am watching going in to this week. 1/20-1/24

CNIT,CHCO,FIX,CRY, LIN ,FONR, INSY,JNS, HIHI, BOFI, OPEN, PSIX, ALGT, BIIB, CNBC, EWBC, FTEK, LOPE, JBLU, NXST, JPM, LLL, LVS, LAD

Here are some links to get you started.

PCSErica04
05-12-2016,
What would help people would be a brief description on why they are on you watch list (at least the most important ones). Maybe even a mini chart showing what you are seeing and why you are watching it. Granted your style may be different from another, but that will at least could get a dialogue started for an individual trying to learn, or could even give a little critique to possibly sharpen up your strategy.

Just a hodgepodge of alphabet soup tickers won't really help anyone coming here to learn.

Patriotddu
05-13-2016,
I agree, I'll invest a little more time and post later.