PDA

View Full Version : Freelancer IPO

AviaLaf
02-28-2016,
Hi.

The freelancer.com IPO closed it's applications recently so I've missed on that. However still interested to buy the stock when publicly available (15th November). I know the IPO price was 0.50 AUD. But it's the price it will open at on the market in a days time which I need to know, so I know how many shares to set my broker to buy (so I don't go over my budget).

When is the actual market price usually announced (if at all) before it hits the market and is live?

Bengerdsnaf
03-02-2016,
Market price is based on where people are willing to buy and sell. No way to know that until its ready to trade.... Like Twitter, ipo price was $26 but opened at $45. You need a crystal ball.

Plus how do you know you won't be able to buy it cheaper in the future? Buying ipo's out the gate is very risky.

bpfovlih29
03-03-2016,
Ok thanks for the answer. I thought someone/something had to set a price of which it will open at literally in the first few minutes and let it continue to go up/down from there, and that initial price is announced just before. But now I'll wait on it and look to put in an order as it opens (if at a suitable price).

Cheaper than 0.50/share? Possible yes but unlikely for this one I think. And everything here is a risk of which I fully understand. While still a very new trader, well aware of the potential to loose money as well as gain it.

bjdxqkcd58
03-03-2016,
Opened near 2.50 ... Did you buy any?