PDA

View Full Version : Health Care Cost Containment - HMSY, AH, & ABCO

animeAmerie
02-27-2016,
Just wanted to highlight an equity that IBD has featured on several occassions in the last 3 months. HMS Holdings Corp [HMSY] operates in the Recovery Audit Contrator space (or RAC for short).

The main case that IBD is making for HMSY is its contract with the Federal government to audit two of the big entitlement programs - Medicaid and Medicare. According to IBD, HMSY is a leader in this space. I suspect this may be a stock worthy of the watchlist as more and more babyboomers approach retirement age and qualify for Medicare. Also, should Barack win reelection there is virtually zero chance Obamacare would get repealed meaning several million more individuals making claims for government reimbursement. This would likely translate into a boon for firms in this space such as HMSY.

Here's one article on the topic that provides a nice cursory overview. Perform your own due diligence before trading.

Anthonytype
02-28-2016,
Here's an editorial from Bloomberg discussing the severity of the fraud problem with the nation's entitlement programs:

aqecaen
02-28-2016,
Meh, one out of three.

Arthurdelt
03-01-2016,
Curious if anyone can suggest a long-term holding in the health care space.

Not looking for a device company. And my holding period would be greater than 12 months so legitimate earnings are important.

atasofuzev
03-02-2016,
Staffing (AHS), Senior Living (CSU), hospitals (LPNT), proven biotech (AZN), IT/software (CERN)?

Just examples, not reco's. Well I do like AZN long-term and an account I manage owns CERN long-term.

I think plenty of potential here, but what are you looking for?