PDA

View Full Version : Scalping 90% win/loss but how BIG is the loss?

bjdxqkcd58
05-10-2016,
Do you scalp?

What is you profit/stop loss ratio?

For example I use a stop that has a loss 4x greater than the profit limit. A TIMED stopped takes me 50% of the time so the average profit and aferage loss per trade are almost equal. If I can be right 75% of the time then Im in the black.

Does this seem out of the box? Bad thinking? Too risky? Leaving profit on the table? Etc.

ALL comments are welcomed!

Bludmasterel
05-13-2016,
I position / swing trade, however i'm 7 weeks into demo scalping at the moment and i'm thinking about going live with what I've been doing.

To me scalping is purely about chart patterns, and not about having a mathematical system or fixed stoploss or or profit targets. Its trading what you see in its purest terms.

See attached a scalp sell I just took on AUd/USD. My entry was the pin that sticks its neck out. If the pattern failed i'd exit straight away, ( in this case, about 3 pips) rather then stick to some form for fixed 10 pip stop loss. In this case the pattern did not fail.

Bogastota
05-13-2016,
It dosen't always work, here's one that failed on the FTSE100. But it only cost me 4 points. While AUD/USD made me 8