PDA

View Full Version : All this Dollar collapse speculation.

idtdmlso41
02-06-2016,
I have been looking into this lately, I'd say it's pretty accurate now that I've looked at the facts.

What do you guys think? Also, if this is going to happen. How much time do we have left before there is a run on our currency?

iduqina
02-08-2016,
I give it exactly 2 more years. We're holding on as long as we can but it looks like the house of cards has started falling. Question is, should I build up my credit card limit and max them out with fast cars & woman right before it happens OR just be an onlooker and see how bad it gets?

Throughout history hasn't it been the case (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=headphone+case) that when/if one currency fails it is just replaced by another?

So... what if the USD along with all of the other world currencies follow the path of Zimbabwe and become virtually worthless, what will all you millionaires do? you still have the knowledge to build up wealth again when you can but you wouldn't be rich really anymore? what about all the hard working poor and middle class Americans, the ones on wellfare or the ones barely struggling to keep their businesses afloat?

There would be complete chaos in the US because people & businesses wouldn't be able to function and I don't think our government would allow that to happen. Lets see here, without the poor and working classes tax money would the government be able to function and be paid their outrages salaries? ...same for CEOs they get paid big money too all from the hard labor of the little guy.

Let's just SPECULATE and say the USD becomes completely worthless within the next 2-3 years and instead of us all having worthless money MR, Barack icantfindmyownbirthcertificate Obama decides to instate a new currency called... oh... I dunno... lets just call it some random name like the Amero and if that happens would the money everyone currently owns in USD be calculated over to the Amero or would everyone just start over from nothing? THIS IS ALL SPECULATORY of course.

ierbmpap21
02-08-2016,
I'm heavy into pork bellies.

It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor...
buy in US$, Euros, Pesos, Lira, Yen or Ameros...
deliver newspapers, or run the free world...
I don't care who you are...

EVERYONE loves a cool pitcher of Pork Belly Julip.

(I think it is the mint sprig that "does it".)

ifvwpqblu
02-09-2016,
The powers that be learned to not let the trillions of dollars get into consumers hands. The big banks have it all. Banks aren't fractional reserve lending to multiply money supply available to business.

Fortunately for us, the rest of the world is in worse shape than the US. Most of them cannot print money. We are in effect being chased by a bear but we are able to outrun our buddies, buying time. The dollar would have a better chance of falling if there was a better alternative to store wealth, whether that is other currencies, basket of currencies, precious metals, or seeds, bullets, guns, barrels of oil and a doomstead.

It's a confidence game. The fed/treasury is trying to keep up treasury funding so our "elected elite" spendaholics continue to get new credit cards to max out and on the other hand they have to maintain the confidence of the fleeced public not to make a run on the markets/banks. The banks are more than happy to oblige as they make an easy spread. A very tight line to walk these days.

The big banks are getting free money and taking down treasurys (a carry trade) then turning around with repo agreements getting cash on those treasuries and inflating the market. It's all interlinked and any glitch can trigger an avalanche. With all those interrelations its tough for funds to even know their risk exposure.

Meanwhile look at what rate you can get for your savings? Guess who is getting paid ahead of you? Who gets to pay back those trillions in new debt issued by your govt and the fed?

Yesterday was no fat finger incident.

ihelojowousoj
02-10-2016,
For the first while, money will still hold a lot of value. There will be a lot of people that have faith that their little cotton tickets still mean something.

I really don't suggest just racking up debt while speculating that the economy is going to collapse and make your debt all better. That's about the same as going "Well, I -can- just file for bankruptcy..."

If you're that worried about collapse there is plenty you can do to be prepared for it. Learn to grow your own food for one. There are at least some plants you can grow inside your house, so it doesn't matter if you have no property to grow them on. There is also a technique called espalier, where you train trees and shrubs to grow flat against a wall or fence. These plants still produce fruit. Growing an Espalier fruit tree (http://www.essortment.com/all/espalierfruits_rzeq.htm)

You should have several months to a years supply of spare food with a little excess. This is good practice in general, but imperative if your money is going to be worth less than the dirt you stand on.
Dried foods tend to last half a year, canned forever, frozen food for "a very long time" but we all hate freezerburn. This website has all the information you need, either directly or through links about freezing, canning, growing, pickling and drying food. Invaluable knowledge for surviving tough times. Fruits and Vegetables (http://theprudenthomemaker.com/fruitsandvegetables.aspx)