PDA

View Full Version : Motivated Rookie

HerbertKt
02-03-2016,
Hi!
My name is Jay! I'm looking to start investing. I was told that there is a very big difference between investing and trading. I'm looking into making a profit. What advice would you give to a rookie?

HermanDed
02-05-2016,
This is going to be an ongoing educational process that will never end!

Are you ready?

hermanhe2
02-07-2016,
Welcome to the forums! Like Gil said, there's a lot to learn, and you'll never stop learning. Just start reading around, and when you have questions, make sure to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question. We all started somewhere!

Hernandoor
02-08-2016,
Welcome to Stockaholics. I look at investing as the amount of money I am putting into my account to make up the total portfolio and trading is purchasing the instruments like stocks and/or bonds that make up the total investment. Let me point you to a source I like for those that don't know which way to go.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/introduction-stock-trader-types/

When you get there, bookmark that page because you probably won't get through all of it in one sitting. Notice the scroll down on the "chapters: there are about 32 but take your time and read through them and see if any of them speak to your likes/ambitions/interests. Since there is so much to learn, if you can figure out what type you are interested in you can then focus on the types of things necessary for that particular type of trading.