PDA

View Full Version : Is Barrick a buy at 14? Ticker:ABX

esenqkla94
02-06-2016,
Been watching Barrick for a while. Gold is up today. Has Barrick bottomed? I am waiting out to see what happens but I wonder if 14 is the right time to get in. I'm not sure that we've seen the bottom for gold yet so I'm holding out. Anyone got a position in this stock currently?

essenuilk68
02-06-2016,
This stock is going in the wrong direction, unless you are into shorting.

etrxiuwi18
02-07-2016,
Pretty sure the capex requirements for miners are so high that at these gold prices there's not one miner generating free cash flow.

EusebioSa
02-08-2016,
So it's been about 10 days since I made this thread. I decided not to buy Barrick as I thought maybe gold had further to fall. Barrick is now looking to open at 17.34 this morning so I wish I got in lol- but still, can't regret playing it safe. Barrick has been helped by the fact that gold has rallied over the last week or so. I still think eventually Barrick will get back to $30 or so, maybe it will take till next year but I think that's coming.

My game plan is still the same, I'll wait to see if gold has another pull back and if Barrick falls again with it, i'll wait till I think gold has bottomed out and then buy Barrick with a long term hold in mind and try to sell it next year some time.

Everttisom
02-10-2016,
Just an update to this, Barrick is now at $19.81. Look slike $14 was a great place to get in, too bad I didn't. I was thinking maybe it had farther to fall at the time. If Barrick has any big dips this month into the low $16 or high $15 area I will probably get in, but I don't know that that will happen, I might have totally missed the bus on the this one.