PDA

View Full Version : startup for dummies

Kerry81S3
01-30-2016,
Hi,..im not a trader but would like to learn about it before i actually plunge into it....what would be a good place to start reading/learning about penny stocks. Im intrigued with how people talk about them and ways to make money w them...where could i read up on how to even get into the trading world...
I read a lot of threads on here but the lack of " trading vocabulary" just forbidds me to even understand what is being said or asked.. ;-)
Just a point in the right direction would be nice....ty...

KipplerSi
02-01-2016,
Ok...from reading the forum for the last almost two hours i got the notion that i actually have to open an account with ameritrade or whichever other site and do bunch of paper trading to learn about it.
Now, do they have help pages or tutorials on that or is it just " go, figure it out, do your best and see where you end up" kind of thing. And im guessing you need cash to open an acct. ..is that about right..?
(..not sure what am i getting myself into ...but it sure sounds interesting as hell...lol)

Kristeen58
02-02-2016,
You don't need an account to learn.

Go to stockcharts.com and check out their chart school to start learning about price action.

You can use freestockcharts.com to watch the action in real-time for free after you learn.

Use finviz.com for free to find stocks you like.

You can read the news and use it to find stocks, but price action pays, the news doesn't. News make you emotional. Leave emotions in the bedroom. Learn a strategy, find your setups, stick to stops and sell pops.

KnutHup
02-02-2016,
Thank you Blaine!!
Ill do as you say, see where ill end up....
.PS. ...what emotions...?... lol

KurtDiex
02-03-2016,
All of the above are great places to start.
Also check tastytrade.com they have an archived video list including beginner stuff for options trading.
And ye you don't have to get an account anywhere to learn but tdameritrade has a great papertrading platform in thinkorswim...has real time trading with fake money.