PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for a little help

Jirrava
01-21-2016,
Hello every one! I'm a newbie to t2w and trading as well. Right now I'm working on a strategy for trading gold 100 oz using tick data that seems to be working for me from my back testing. But I'm having a hard time picking point of entry. My rule is to enter at the close of the bar but I find it really hard to do this because the bar most all ways is moving so fast at the close that it just can't be pegged. What I have been trying is to have the high and low of the bar highlighted on the side of the chart and place an order at these points depending on if I want to go short or long once the count down on the bar is around 15% . But even with this I'm missing my mark a lot of the time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I know I could all was just go with a market order at the close but I don't want to if there is a better way

jndgohew86
01-22-2016,
What platform are you using? Any decent platform should allow you to code your entry rules and then it should execute them for you. Alternatively you should use a better interface like a ladder or a chart to enter manually with just one click.

John Thomas
01-24-2016,
Thanks for the replay Adamus, I'm using Traded Navigator as my platform. They do have an auto system that comes with their high end version but I don't have it . I was using a ladder to enter manually but I use a 150 tick chart and price moves so fast at the close in this setting you're lucky if you can pag it This morning I set an audio alert at 10% of the bar remaining and just hit market once it was triggered It seemed to get me in with in a tick or two if not dead on at the close. It seems to work the best out of every thing I've tryed so it might just be the key. I ended up with 49 ticks after fees at the end of my morning that was in sim mode mind you :P

jnyybejf56
01-24-2016,
Hmm yes sorry but I don't know that one.

You must be getting a lot of ticks per second. On retail platforms like the one I use the feed is normally compressed so you only get 4 or 5 at most per second.