PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a system that works

JaniceVew
01-17-2016,
If you have come across or (preferably) actually trade a commercially available system that works well, please post it here, if you would.

I know some will say -- 'Many work, you have to find the one that's right for you.' I will do this, but am seeking a variety of methodologies that I can look into, of which I will pursue those that appeal to me most given their nature and performance.

Thank you.

JannaWilfr
01-18-2016,
The one I use works out quite well for me.

JarvisDed
01-19-2016,
im sure you will get many offers of systems that work. if any one system worked dont you think wed have all heard about it by now. im afraid there is no shortcut

Javieret
01-20-2016,
I think when people hear about a system that supposedly works they usually instantly don't believe it because they say "if any one system worked dont you think we'de have all heard about it by now". The belief that trading is hard and takes years to master and that no 'systems' work is too strong to break with most people maybe. There must surely be systems that do work though, because a lot of people do make a lot of money. Nothing wrong with finding out what they do, then copy them I guess.

An example is with a friend of mine from the US (I'm in the UK), he was making a lot of money trading, so he showed me how he does what he does and I thought "I'll do that too then". But he finds that most people are curious about the success he has, but most don't even ask him to show them how, or they write of his system as 'luck', or someting that wouldn't work for them - before they even look into it. This is how I think a lot of people shoot themselves in the foot up front. But you really can't blame them, because of the trading environment. It's filled with a lot of big egos, millions of opinions and methods, but only a few people who make any money. One can only remain open-minded for a finite amount of time. So if you find something that works while you're still new and have an open mind, that's probably your best chance to find something.

In terms of shortcuts - there is none as far as your own learning, self-education and getting experience is concerned. But to a great degree you can learn from the mistakes (and successes) of others, without having to battle for many years while you learn everything the hard way as well. But there are many things that you will have to learn the hard way I guess.

JeremyFuh
01-22-2016,
No I am not selling it - I am trading it http://static2.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

Please don't start that again.
I'm an architect and a part-time trader, not a salesman