PDA

View Full Version : Small/Mid Caps

ArakosKes
05-06-2016,

Antoshkawes
05-07-2016,
One lesson that 2014 has taught me is that option strategies with a small account are difficult and even more so when overall Implied Volatility is near nill.

So while the market sorts itself out I have been focusing on small/mid cap short term movers. Last week was a very good week. AVEO, PBMD and NBS worked out very well. I took some losses on ISR and GIGA and scratched a couple of others but kept the losses small enough that the winners far outweighed the losses.

I don't have an account big enough to PDT so I have to be pretty selective and pay special attention to aftermarket plays where I might have a chance to hold over night.

Anyway I thought it might be useful to some of the smaller traders here or that might come along to see how one might be able to grow their account if they take the time to learn some basic technical skills and the discipline to stick to a plan. Or maybe I'll make a bunch of mistakes that people can learn from....hopefully it will at least be interesting.

Angelaodof
05-09-2016,
RSYS Premarket watch...up AH on news with little volume...just a couple of buyers hitting the ask. Will look for possible entry depending on how the bid volume looks....will probably be over extended by the time I can trade it as TDA doesn't put trades through until 7am central. We'll see.